cp pistons

smoked

going to fit my new cp`s in the next day or two, but just wanted to confirm something,

standard pistons have a mark on the top to indicate which way to fi them into the bores like most pistons have a mark, but the cp doesnt and looks totally symetrical am i missing something?

also am i right in saying the cylinder numbers on the rods should face towards the exhaust/dipstick/altenator side of the block when installing

chris

gtirx2

I think the cylinder numbers on the rods face the exhaust side but not to sure without looking,but what you do want is the oil squirter hole in the side of the rod to be on the intake side of the engine.Also always make sure the numbers on the rod and rod caps always go together like 1,1 2,2 etc.

Last edited:

smoked

i will look, if they are off center like standard then i will fit them the same way. if they are in the center then does that mean either way?

smoked

had a look today and the pistons go either way, one thing i did notice is the cylinder numbers are on same side as the oil hole on the rods the manual shows the numbers to the exhaust side and oil hole to the inlet,

should i disregard this and just make sure the oil hole is inlet side?

P

pulsarboby

did you get pm i sent chris?
they are 100% not offset and just make sure the oil hole on rod goes to inlet side as already mentioned, rod numbers need to match though ie 4-4 on same side 0-0 on other side