CP forged Pistons????

B

beast14

Anyone knows about this brand??.....better yet......anyone has them installed??........just wanted to get some info..........
I am thinking about buying a set........it's 20 over stock so i'll have to shave/hone my block............

what's the difference in performance??........hp????

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You'll get a minor capacity increase from the overbore and if you engine is currently well worn, you'll benefit from the new rings. So with out a boost increase it could be anything from 0bhp to not alot more bhp.
Where you'll benefit is when you turn the boost up, these pistons should be able to safely cope with more power than the standard ones can handle, so pick your power increase :wink:

O

Odin

I bought these for my motor but have sold them before I rebuilt it due to me buying edd's 2.2 motor instead, But I can say that they look very well made.

Also they all weighed the same which leads me to beleave that there made very well also

rob

$

$ven

I've got these in my engine! My engine builder (that usually only does lamborghini's and stuff) says that the quality of these pistons is just awesome!Still building and modifying some small bits at the moment but car will be running soon, so keep your eyes open on the forum.

Only thing you have to keep in mind:

To use these pistons you need to take a small bit of each individual piston to clear the lower oil squirters. Or better; leave the new pistons alone, and take about 2-3 mm of all 4 lower oil squirters.. This is the only mod needed to fit, and it's an easy job anyway.

Also, if your planning to run massive boost or Nitrous, you can get them specially coated at CP, but may take longer when ordering!

Mr GTiR

Very good pistons and great value for money. From what i remember a lot of motorbikes uses these and motorsport VW drag cars.

A

Anonymous

A few of the top builders (Omniman & Rocket) in the states for n/a and forced Honda`s run CP.

From what i`ve read and seen they look really good and good prices.

www.honda-tech.com (search for CP)

www.m24x.com (Rockets site, check out forum)

Omni`s site doesnt have bottom end stuff up yet.

www.omnipowerusa.com

ki_saj_ng

well they better be good as there should be a set in my car soon enough.

if these fail on me :evil: some1 may get shot :twisted:

u know hu u r!!!

saj :twisted:

i only joking u know

O

Odin

ki_saj_ng said:
well they better be good as there should be a set in my car soon enough.

if these fail on me :evil: some1 may get shot :twisted:

u know hu u r!!!

saj :twisted:

i only joking u know
:shock: I hope they work then :oops: .

rob

B

beast14

Thanks a lot for the info. guys!!!!

any idea what difference it may make in the 1/4 mile???.........how much faster???....just curious

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
As I said above, it depends what you get your car set up for.
Fitting the pistons on their own won't necesserily give you any power, but they'll let you up the boost more than you could with standard pistons, so you have the ability to make alot more power if you have all the other bits to go with it. (fuleling stuff/clutch eyc eyc)
How much faster you go , is down to how much you wind the boost up :wink:

B

beast14

i got yuh!!.....thanks bro.........

i have an act extreme clutch/pressure plate.........blitz electronic boost controller..........front mounted the standard intercooler.......denso iridium plugs IK24.............

what do you suggest would be the max. boost to run (psi) with these pistons..............

also, are they better than je and wiseco????

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Max boost would probably be down to either afm maxing out/ injectors maxing out or turbo efficiency limits . (assuming you have an uprated fuel pump)
Just tell your mapper to get what he can (safely) out of it. :wink:

I don't know if they are better than JE and Wiseco, but they should be more than upto the job :wink:

Mr GTiR

beast14 said:
front mounted the standard intercooler
Get a bigger core as the standard item frount mounted will only cope with about 1.2/3 bar max (about 300/310 bhp).

Forged pistons are pretty much the same regardless of the make. Your far better off going for 87mm pistons :wink:

stugtir

cp pistons are 8)

my mate works at a car restoration workshop called jim stokes, they have rebuilt engine for f1 bossman bernie eccleston and have manafactured from scratch ferrari dino' engines and they swear by cp's pistons! :wink:

stu

A

Anonymous

I just did a google search for CP pistons and it looks like a lot of people/companies really rate them.