couple of problems...

dazzamac

installed my dvd player yesterday, and now the rear lights, side lights and dash lights aren't working, would this be a fuse, or have i moved a wire or something?

also

heaters....when you press to switch the heaters to come out for the windscreen, then change to come out for your feet or a different one, you can hear it changing, but when you press 1,2,or 3, it doesnt change the amount of heat thats coming out

any help would be good

cheers

Gray

deffo a fuse for the first problem I had the same problem - no dash lights rear lights etc, cant remember which one it was just pull them all out til you find a broken one

the other problem - if your blowers only work on setting 4 and nothing on the first 3 then you have a blown heater card - they are about 35 quid from nissan and a 2 minute job to replace - its under the glove box usually
I replaced one for my mate in his almera when the same thing happened took me about 2 minutes and nissan wanted half an hours labour to fit it

dazzamac

nice 1 mate, cheers!

take it the beam lights run off a different fuse then cause they're still working

with the blowers, if you oput it on setting 1, then move to another setting, nothing changes. but previously, i've left it on setting 3 (although it's still blowing at setting 1) and then all of a sudden, they'll come on at setting 3, but won't last, maybe 5-10mins then goes back to setting 1 (although it's still setting 3 that's selected) really wierd...

cheers for the help

Last edited:

Mark N

Just make sure you haven't earthed the DVD player to the dimmer wire. If you have you'll keep blowing the fuse! The dimmer wire is for when you switch your lights on it dims the lights on the stereo/dvd player.

dazzamac

it's earthed (lol) to the screws that hold the centre console in, was some metal bits i found n earthed it in there, seemed ok. will go n have a look now. just a pitty it's PI$$IN DOWN!!! :(:(

S

S.J

Gray said:
the other problem - if your blowers only work on setting 4 and nothing on the first 3 then you have a blown heater card - they are about 35 quid from nissan and a 2 minute job to replace - its under the glove box usually
I replaced one for my mate in his almera when the same thing happened took me about 2 minutes and nissan wanted half an hours labour to fit it
excelent, i have that exact problem but never worried me, i think i'll get onto it tho as its that easy! cheers mate