Cost/opinions on 400hp GTiR Purchase....

gothicsanta

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a 400hp (plus) GTiR that is completely sorted for a while now but they dont come up often.

I need the car to be reliable as I dont have the time to spend fixing it.

What sort of money am I looking at to tempt an existing owner out of theirs?

Are there any absolute musts with this power ie. Has to have been built by... / Must have following parts.

Apologies if this has been done to death on here but any help really will be useful and genuinely appreciated :)

Thanks!

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
For reliability you might be needing a decent gearbox too. Big difference with >400hp and <400hp.

You would need to budget for £5k but don't be surprised if you need to go to £8k for the right car.

Some will go for <£4k but not without a gearbox.

MarkTurbo

I need the car to be reliable as I dont have the time to spend fixing it.
You'd be better off spending a bit more and getting one with a Quaife and forged engine then ;-) Once you get up into the high 300's bhp wise the standard box and internals will last but its a lottery whether its years or months.............or days :lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Bottom end will be fine, they're very strong as standard and if in good condition they're not a problem for the R. Top end is fine, the pistons are the main issue as power rises.

vpulsar

You must really have a good gearbox/brakes and a front mount to be running those sort of figures, In my humble opinion one of the most important things to get right on a Pulsar is engine cooling you must get that right, The standard rad with plastic end tanks must be changed to a cooper one, I also think a good oil cooler is handy but that depends on use. If it's just a road car its not that important. And most important keep the bloody thing well serviced and maintained.

Rob

RO_SUNNY

I can sell mine .....420 BHP and 480 Nm of torque....for about 9000 GBP.
11.4 sec on the 1/4 mile

The car has a lot of optionals on it....and I still can convert it to RHD (the car was RHD but I have converted it to LHD)

gothicsanta

That sounds incredible but I am not looking at anything over 5k, too difficult to get the money back out of it for one thing, such a limited market.