cost of boost controller fitment

GtiR`BoD

planning on getting my new boost controller fitted but have been quoted £300 for fitting alone is this roughly the going rate..? any info appreciated.

Carl

O

Odin

GtiR`BoD said:
planning on getting my new boost controller fitted but have been quoted £300 for fitting alone is this roughly the going rate..? any info appreciated.

Carl

I got quoted £160 for my AVCR.

Rob

J

justin666

Which controller is it????

There is bound to be someone on here who is local to you who can help out 8)

J.

GtiR`BoD

thought it sounded a little costly any half decent places in the midlands you know of? that quote was from thor racing

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I think most charge a set fee of around £150 - £200 to fit.

Soldering the correct wires into the ECU Loom. Plumbing in the vac hoses under the bonnet. Fixing in desired location (some are more time consuming than others). Then setting it upproperly on the road. Some Boost Controllers require far more time setting up than others. eg. GReddy Profec-B(simple) compared to A'PEXi AVC-R(complex).

Rishi

Fusion Ed

What kind of controller is it? AVCR is a fairly fiddily one, £160 is perhaps upper max price I can see some places charging, but £300 sounds way ott.

GtiR`BoD

hks evc 5, yes fair point rishi easily overlooked do they always require a rr session to setup or just more of a recommendation??

thanks carl

O

Odin

bawsack said:
hks evc5 dont need set up on rr i have and was done on the road on which i drive.

Can you remember that far back loser :shock: :lol: .

Rob

Rishi

GtiR`BoD said:
hks evc 5, yes fair point rishi easily overlooked do they always require a rr session to setup or just more of a recommendation??

thanks carl

You don't need a Rolling Road setup.. Just some time on the Road...

With the Profec-B you just had to turn the boost knob until you got desired boost under full load and then used the gain to adjust the duty. Takes all of 2 minutes to actually setup.

A'PEXi AVC-R on the other hand needs a little more. You need to input all the correct sensor settings, gear settings, setup the learn gear how you desire. Then you need to setup the actuall boost across the rev range how you require and with that adjust the duty to create and hold boost as desired.

You also have a 2nd boost setting to setup so that you could have for example, Lowboost @ 2bar and Highboost @ 2.5bar.

Bare in mind that its a lot simpler at with the standard turbo and low low boost settings around the 1bar - 1.2bar areas. When you get into mega boost territory, with larger turbos and external wastegates it can get a little more tricky as you will be tweeking the controller while mapping for most people to get the turbo to spool in as quick as possible and so to get the correct map/settings for all relevant load sites.

Hope that makes sense. I know what i mean anyway.. :lol:

Rishi

bawsack

Selling Up..
dude have you tried a certain garage hi-teq some one told me they are good like
only a hour away from brum.

Rishi

bawsack said:
dude have you tried a certain garage hi-teq some one told me they are good like
only a hour away from brum.

Hiteq only built your ENTIRE car!.. :lol:

Yes back tomorrow afternoon mate.. Have a dinner to go to after which i will be out in the town partying!!... :p

Rishi

bawsack

Selling Up..
decent mate have a good one will cach up with you at some point no doubt.
i hi-teq is the dogs danglies like wouldnt use anyone elese. feel the lovin.