Colin Mcrae dead?

marcymarc

I hate it when the condolences sh*t starts coming out :roll:

Ive known peoples close family die and them not spill there guts like some of you lot.

Last edited:

GTi-R23

Keira said:
shite helicopter pilot :shock:
I know you're joking, but he flew all over Europe and was an experienced pilot, I'm sure the cause of the crash will become apparent, very sad whichever way you look at it.

bracpan

MarkTurbo said:
As if losing Colin Mcrae this weekend wasnt bad enough :sad: This could have been a lot worse :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/6997784.stm
I must admit I dont like Richards, he was a prat in F1 but would not wish that on anybody. Was very lucky an I'm gald he survived.
I agree Colin was not a family member but he was a great driver and also an entertainer and anybody that gives other people pleasure will always be sadly missed. Just like many others before him, Clark, Hill, Villenueve, Pond, etc its definatly a sadder place with out them. But the world will go on and more great drivers will arrive to entertain use. But I for one will remember Colin and the others for years to come.
Cheers
Phil

stedee

odin its just that a true talent has been lost , the guy gave me a buzz every time i watched him and i will now not have chance to see that again,he drove how i would have done - flatout , sod the consequences which is not often seen anymore, todays sportsmen are more calculated and think of the championship and dont push as hard which is not as entertaining, in rallying you want to see a big roll now and again cos at least you know that driver is going for it rather than playing it safe.
the other true talents who i have big admiration for are rossi and mansell, no one else does it for me.

O

Odin

stedee said:
odin its just that a true talent has been lost , the guy gave me a buzz every time i watched him and i will now not have chance to see that again,he drove how i would have done - flatout , sod the consequences which is not often seen anymore, todays sportsmen are more calculated and think of the championship and dont push as hard which is not as entertaining, in rallying you want to see a big roll now and again cos at least you know that driver is going for it rather than playing it safe.
the other true talents who i have big admiration for are rossi and mansell, no one else does it for me.

I totally agree and he will be missed, But do we need all the vomit inducing nonsense that goes with it :roll: .

Rob

bracpan

stedee said:
Have look at Gilles Villenueve, rated by many including myself as the quickest and most exciting driver ever. He was pure natural tallent, drove everything foot flat to the floor and had no fear at all. Read the book the Donaldson wrote about him its a classic. Many great stories about him, he was a real class act...as you said not many like these people left anymore. Shame.
Cheers
Phil