code 55 but still only giving me .5 bar boost..arrghhh help!!

turboloon

as above replaced my det sensor as was getting a code 34 once i fitted the new det sensor i cleared the ecu so i was getting a 55 the car ran fine for about a day only on one occasion did it not let me go up to full boost... but now when i switch on my boost controller ...it will only boost up to .5 bar boost exactly the same when i was getting the code 34 ...but when i do the code check it comes up 55 all clear:? somebody help please...it's doing me fooking head in ...sumo if your reading this i'll be pickinig your brains as well haha!!;-)

turboloon

i need to find the solenoid first..lol...is it the one on the passengers inner wing with the vac hoses running to the inlet and standard boost gauge..?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Check to see if you still have remembered to replace the restrictor back in the appropriate vac hose..

geoff pine

turboloon said:
i need to find the solenoid first..lol...is it the one on the passengers inner wing with the vac hoses running to the inlet and standard boost gauge..?
That should be have its hose blocked of ?

turboloon

stupid me the boost controller solenoid is the black box with 'greedy' written on it ...doohh! any ho i've taken the cover off the box and squirted some wd 40 down the acuating v/v's...also may try another maf..vss irvine when you say bypass the soleniod will i need to join the 2 hoses together..?

turboloon

stupid me the boost controller solenoid is the black box with 'greedy' written on it ...doohh! any ho i've taken the cover off the box and squirted some wd 40 down the acuating v/v's...also may try another maf..vss irvine when you say bypass the soleniod will i need to join the 2 hoses together..?

GTIR-LOZ

i think people were assuming you have a standard boost, i believe you dont need the restrictor if you run an aftermarket controller

vss irvine

turboloon said:
yes mate.

sumo

see told u loon all get that valve to u the morn and find out if at maf helped but i bet it dont

turboloon

sumo said:
see told u loon all get that valve to u the morn and find out if at maf helped but i bet it dont
nah yer right sumo it didn't help ,i trierd removing the accuator hose and it boosted up to 1 bar...:?