Cobra Seats

webba23

I'm currently trying to decide which seats to buy and am torn between either the Cobra Daytona or Le Mans recliners. Has anyone fitted either of these amd if so do you have any pictures? Also does they grey of the Cobra seats match well with the rest of the standard trim or is it better to go for the black?

Cheers

Matt

saddler

Im stuck with this option on what to do with my interior seats,,,
Let have some photos of uprated seats

webba23

frp said:
daytona's

steve
Must say after looking at them most the morning I'm swaying towards the Daytona's. Has anyone got grey Cobras fitted and if so are they a decent match for the standard trim or would I be better going fo black ones?

Last edited:

webba23

Ordering my Cobra seats on Friday. what colour would people recommend for a decent enough match against the standard trim grey or black?

Cheers

Matt

frp

Which ones have you decided on?
where are you buying them from? and how much? (if you dont mind me asking)
Id go black, think the cobra grey looks to light imo.

steve

webba23

Am going too go for the Daytonas. Am looking at getting them from an eBay shop sixonetwo. They to them delivered for around £485. I thought that the black would be better but just wanted to double check other people opinion so cheers for that. Might put my seat covers over themif they fit anyway.

When fitting the frames does anything have to be done to the seatbelt clip or is this not attached to the seat?

webba23

Was going to get them as they are very similar to the Daytona and much cheaper. Have heard that you can't mount them to the Cobra frames though and I don't want to mess around modifying frames as I don't have the experience so the bolt in Cobra frames will be ideal for me. More so as well as i have just hit a second hand pair. The money I'd save I would have to end up paying out on someone to make them fit which is a shame as j could do with saving as need other things doing. LOL.

webba23

I was really pleased with that as I thought I'd have to just have them all black or all grey and nearly got a set of these but patience has paid of and I now can't wait to get them in. Shame car is going to be SORN'd soon though to get it ready for the MOT. Lol.

webba23

That's odd you say that I have just been looking at your car and am impressed at how good they look and the match that they are for the interior. Just out of interest what car were they out of originally or have they been retrimmed? If I hadn't ordered already I'd have been interested as my original plan was to put Fiesta RST Recaros in but couldn't be bothered with the hassle of getting subframes made up for them. I'm pleased with the Cobra's though if not a little short of money now. Lol. Good luck with the sale.

SunOnGTiR

THANKS8)

They match the interior quite well.The seats are on standard subframes.
Some previous owner must have been handy at welding.I bought them secondhand a few years ago from Wisbech near Peterborough.My GF used to moan about the standard seats being uncomfortable on long journeys.Sit a little bit higher(few inches) because the seat is on top of the subframes.The standard seats seem more 'sunk in'/sit much lower.
Sorry,they were out of a GTiR.Grey one in bits......The owner hasn't posted for a while.
TBH I've yet to see a pair that are similar colour/shade.Must be quite old.he he

Last edited:

webba23

I get the same moaning about my car as well lol although I must admit they aren't the greatest things to sit on. The welding was the bit that put me off I'm not too handy at things like that so took the easy option. Cobra's do sit a little higher as well but nothing major and I'm six foot plus so all good.

SunOnGTiR

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll sit with your knees closer to the steering that's all.
I was thinking back then to just change the drivers seat for a Bride one,heard they fitted the best.Seat quite cheap but the subframe....ftygfiug'/#'//':roll: :evil:
Good luck with the fitting.Should be straight forward with the 14mm iirc;-)

webba23

Cheers mate I am hoping that it's nice and straight forward. The main concern I have is the seat belt stalk. Does this bolt to the original seat or the subframe? Are yours on your subframe?

SunOnGTiR

IIRC on the seatframe. I just took off my stalks from old seat then put on the recaros.DON'T lose the washers!!!
You might find it doesn't tighten enough and the stalks don't stay up...you MIGHT get used to it.Mine always drop...can't be bothered to take them out again:oops: