Clutches for very big power?

A

Anonymous

In process of building VERY geniuine 400+ Pulsar have been told either modified Exedy Hyper single from S14 or O.S Genkin single, any one got any pointers.
:lol:

prkwan

os giken twin plate all the way mate!! 8)

thats what i bought last week, i got paddle clutch right now and i think its too harsh for me!

A

AVOGTIR

go twin, less hassle,

i kept punching the centers out of the single clutches i have had in the past, finally putting in a twin plat, cant wait.

matt

A

Anonymous

Hmmmmm

still aint got a clue which to go for take a look at my spec its posted on the prob page under gearbox's thing that could alter choice a wee bit

Si..

what's your plans for the car mate, are you gonna be doing quarters, or is it just road use only etc,

different options for different circumstances. :?:

M

MarkMc

Ive got another uprated single plate clutch on mine and it seems fine now (roughly 400 + hp car). I used to have a ceramic one rated to 500hp but the car munched :cry: it a month or two ago.

Si..

if your dragging it you want an unsprung paddle plate, as light as possible, your gonna need something with about 3mm between each plate of the paddle so its nearly got the coverage of an organic face but still being cermetallic,

obviously being unsprung it'll be a complete pig to drive on the road so dont bother doing it unless your drag only... :twisted:

get in touch with AP and do your best, it'll take some doing but they will make you one, trust me :wink:

A

Anonymous

gonna go twin plate i think, whats better a modified os giken or a exedy?

K

KRS

IMO, Get a Twin Plate OS Giken if you can afford it

Last owner used to Drag mine and after much abuse its still great :)

A

Anonymous

ashills said:
no need to modify OS twin plate its a perfect fit and is best avaliable
got a st stu stut stutter :?: :lol: :lol: :twisted: