clutch

whytie

Im looking to buy a clutch so i can run a bar. In my last R i used a helix organic which was superb, is their any other out there that does just a good a job for a little cheaper in price:thumbsup:

johnsy

stay clear of exedy , stick a helix back in, i dont rate exedy at all they turn to dust to easy

whytie

I should stop being tight and just buy a helix lol ive never been a great fan of the exedy stuff myself.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Here's what an Exedy clutch looks like if you run ~1bar:

That's why I put a Helix Organic in.

John

Get the Helix, hasnt had any problems with my 390bhp for the past year.

It isnt that expensive anyway, compared to the likes of a OS Giken anyway, plus the pedal stays quite light!

pulsarmoley

Here's what an Exedy clutch looks like if you run ~1bar:

That's why I put a Helix Organic in.
I would advise to stay clear of excedy, mine went similar to above just after a year and that was with no lauches etc. I did get another off them for a special deal but would never fit one again. I was only running around 270hp. :evil:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
To add insult to injury, I was told it had a Nismo paddle clutch fitted... and that quite clearly is not a paddle clutch (let alone Nismo).

JAMMA

If you dont plan on any further mods then go for the Helix organic. Ive got an Exedy paddle clutch available though if you wanted something like that. Also got a set of HKS cams too.