-- [ Clutch ] --

R

rice_thief86

Hi there, just want to let everyone know that before you upgrade your standard clutch, it is important to strengthen your clutch pedal box when you are changing to a heavy duty clutch.

Many other Gtir owners have experienced this problem before. The pedal box is very WEAK! :cry: They are not made to with stand an uprated clutch.

I have a heavy duty organic clutch, but because i didnt strengthen my pedal box, it has snapped on me when i was driving. Not once but twice!! :doh:

The pedal consists of three bolts. One of them is on top of the box while the other two connect to the clutch master cyclinder. These are the three pin points that the pressure focuses on. It is important to strength those 3 points that are connected by the bolts. :thumbsup:

O

Odin

:doh: Was it just YOU that didn't know that already then fella :? :der: , It's a very old problem matey, One which Mr Steve Pudney solved by making a clutch peddle support bracket and selling over 500 of the buggers to the rest of us :lol: :lol: :lol: .

You really do need to read the forum properly from time to time buddy ;-) :yawn: .

Rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Thunder God said:
:doh: Was it just YOU that didn't know that already then fella :? :der: , It's a very old problem matey, One which Mr Steve Pudney solved by making a clutch peddle support bracket and selling over 500 of the buggers to the rest of us :lol: :lol: :lol: .

You really do need to read the forum properly from time to time buddy ;-) :yawn: .

Rob
He must have been living in a cave somewhere I think :lol:

In fact, I think Nissan knew about the problem before anyone else, hence they fitted a few oem brackets to a few lucky factory cars. I realised there was a screaming great hole in the market and jumped right in there.

Oh, by the way, I have made 941 and sold 943 of the buggers now ;-)

rice_thief86, take a look at this thread

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19511

I would explain what you have to do to fix your little clutch pedal problem but if it's the second time the pedal box has come away from the bulkhead then you already know what to do. What ever you do though, once mended either make your self a bracket or buy one from me, see below one of my Ebay links that have been around for about 3 years now

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&item=280028288282&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Steve

O

Odin

stevepudney said:
Oh, by the way, I have made 941 and sold 943 of the buggers now ;-)

So if you've made 941 and sold 943 :? , Did mystic meg make the other missing two then ??? :der: .....

Or was it the tooth fairy ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Thunder God said:
So if you've made 941 and sold 943 :? , Did mystic meg make the other missing two then ??? :der: .....

Or was it the tooth fairy ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob
No, they have yet to be made and posted :der: I only sold them today.

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

not a dumbass there, as i bought car and clutch bracket off ebay before i even knew this site existed so stick that up your ringer big boy:fish: :lol:

Mr GTiR

stevepudney said:
In fact, I think Nissan knew about the problem before anyone else, hence they fitted a few oem brackets to a few lucky factory cars.
Mine would be one of the lucky ones then :thumbsup: