CLUTCH WORK

O

Olly

Somewhere that fluid is going somewhere, be it dripping out of the split hose over gearbox, behind the dirt boot on the slave cylinder bolted to gearbox, or just dripping on your foot or down the pedal cos the seals in the master have started to weep, keep on looking its going somewhere it doesn't just disapear, any R owners local to ya who can help you? 8)

P

PaddyPower

Since i filled it up the level has not dropped, which is making me think that it has an air blockage somewhere causing the lack of pressure on the pedal. There is no sign of leaking, but as you say, the first lot must have gone somewhere?

antgtir

If the fluid level has not moved since you topped the reservoir tank up i would defo look at bleeding the system before you start replacing parts.

To be honest tho i wouldn't hold my breath as if the first lot of fluid has dissapeared then im sure the next lot will eventually, things like this dont just happen they normally happen as a result of a leak or something brocken etc.

If you dont know how to do it i would let a repuatble garage have a look at it for you, but be prepared to pay for it :roll:

Goodluck, Ant. :wink:

ki_saj_ng

yep, i think it needs bleeding.

you and a mate could do it very easily, make sure its your mate at the side of the bleeding as that stuff can spray up at u if u are not careful.

antgtir

ki_saj_ng said:
yep, i think it needs bleeding.

you and a mate could do it very easily, make sure its your mate at the side of the bleeding as that stuff can spray up at u if u are not careful.
And dont get it on the paintwork, very good stuff for stripping the paint lol :roll: :lol:

Ant.

P

PaddyPower

Would i be able to do it with a friend or is it best to take to garage. Like to do simple things myself wherever possible. Is it like bleeding a radiator?

Any instructions?

Please dont slate me for trying.