CLUTCH WORK

P

PaddyPower

Clutch seems to be sticking when i disingage gear. Have to lift the pedal up with my toe to ingage again. Is the clutch worked on hydrolics? If so would the fluid be low? If so where and with what should i fill it up with?
If all above is incorrect then what am i doing wrong? :roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The clutch fluid reservoir. (on the bulkhead in front of the driver)
Yes if you want.
The clutch master cylinder or flexi hose often leak, so if your fluid is low, check the top of the clutch pedal or around the gearbox for evidence of leaks.

P

PaddyPower

Fast Guy;

a) you are my god

b) How do i know if it is low?

c) I hate limp mode.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
PaddyPower said:
b) How do i know if it is low?
Tell me you're joking :cry:

You can either look at the reservior and see it's low through the plastic or take the top off and look inside and see if it's low.

Mark_GTiR

I got this problem, noticed a greasy substance on my clutch pedal.. turns out it's been leaking.

Filled up the reservoir with fluid about 3 weeks ago and the level hasn't changed since which suggests to me that it's only pretty minor so I'm thinking it might just be the flexi hose.. will have a check I think!

Mark

P

PaddyPower

Yes i was joking. But now i am serious.

Three to choose from.
1) has brake fluid on it so that is not it.
2) Black resevoir to the left of engine. Is this power steering?
3) is this the little bliter? The clear one right at the back of the engine bay that has a screw one way then lift off lid. That appears to have nothing in it? :shock:

ki_saj_ng

its the one behind the engine more in the middle but more to the left than right.

its a little whit-ish container, min - max markings are on it.

oh and it is hydraulic by the way

H

heaven is a gtir (bry)

Sounds like

1. you need a mechanic :lol:

2. you need to learn about car quickly :roll:

OR 3. put it in a garage :oops:

If you have no fluid in the resivour then top it up. (you need brake fluid for a hydraulic cluch) :D

If that doesnt do the job then chances are you need a new master cylinder like i did just before xmas. :roll:

Nightmare of a job. :evil:

Bry :D

P

PaddyPower

heaven is a gtir (bry) said:
Sounds like

1. you need a mechanic :lol:

2. you need to learn about car quickly :roll:

OR 3. put it in a garage :oops:

If you have no fluid in the resivour then top it up. (you need brake fluid for a hydraulic cluch) :D

If that doesnt do the job then chances are you need a new master cylinder like i did just before xmas. :roll:

Nightmare of a job. :evil:

Thanks. What is the fun in not doing it your self. I have never and will never pretend to know much about cars other than i love driving them, but simple things i can come on heree ask a few questuions and then sort out my self. a) saving un needed spending and b) and more importantly learn more about the mechine that i love.

geetee

you'll learn a whole lot more by fixing it yourself too :D

and you'll know when you're being ripped off by those garages you take it too :shock:

I don't think knowing which resevoirs are for what counts as an in depth knowledge of your car - that's just stuff to check, like your washer bottle... you don't pay to get that filled do you??

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

H

heaven is a gtir (bry)

Come on guys im only joking. I will always help if i can.

Im not a mechanic but have a relative idea about cars and engines just not turbo cars :evil: but everyone helps on here and you can always turn to the people on here too.

The only time i have put my car into a garage is when the turbo was coming out of the exhaust :lol: oh and when i take it to be tuned.

Hope you accept my appologies.

Bry :D :D :D :D

P.s car knowledge is better than my ENGLISH :lol: :lol: :lol:

P

PaddyPower

8)

Filled it up and the clutch is still not popping back up. Stops half way?

H

heaven is a gtir (bry)

Looks like this is what you need then. :evil:

http://forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=18148

Have fun like i said i did this just before xmas and it was so much of a nightmare. :cry:

The whole clutch master cylinder costs about £90 for nissan but you can get a kit and replace all the seals etc. Not sure how much the kit is though. :roll:

I will dig the part number out for you for the compleate master cylinder. :D

H

heaven is a gtir (bry)

Clutch master cylinder

306105C50

£74.60 + VAT :shock:

£87.66 ish :x

MarkTurbo

PaddyPower said:
8)

Filled it up and the clutch is still not popping back up. Stops half way?
I reckon its got air in the system somewhere :wink:

If its run really low its no good just topping it up, you want to try bleeding it before you look into changing master cylinders etc etc

Is there any signs of where the fluid has gone :?: Look around the clutch pedal or on top the gearbox where the clutch pipe is :wink: