clutch upgrade

Lynsey

have exedy clutch which is starting to slip im running 330bhp @ 1.3 bar looking 4 more power around 400 what is the best clutch i can use 4 my car

thanks lynsey :-D:-D

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Have you done a search? This has to be one of the most common questions and has been covered many times.

Off the top of my head; Helix with the heavy duty cover might do you, but I don't know that.

red reading

Yeah helix in silverstone at a guess, you need a helix uprated cover (not there normal one,you want the heavy duty uprated one) and a 3 puk paddle or the organic will handle it if you dont do standing starts .ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so many times this is asked

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
lol thats all lynsey does is standing atarts so it will have 2 be a very good clutch lol

red reading

And when you fit a mega strong clutch to do lots of standing starts you'll break your gearbox! £350 just for a new 3rd gear now from nissan (yes 1 cog is that much! never mind fitting it)

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
And when you fit a mega strong clutch to do lots of standing starts you'll break your gearbox! £350 just for a new 3rd gear now from nissan (yes 1 cog is that much! never mind fitting it)
i have a gearbox here waiting for her lol thats if mine does not go 1st lol

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There's a line of argument that you should just let the clutch slip; they are cheaper to replace than gearboxes. - I think I read something along those lines in an article by Whiteline, but it may have been "better to loose traction than stress the gearbox".