Clutch pooped!

T

TweakEm

Bought my R about 7 weeks ago and finally got it on the road on Saturday (2 days ago) due to the insurance.

Had loadsa fun over the weekend, but come this morning when I had to commute to work the gearbox packs in about 5 miles from home :cry: I noticed it was slipping a little bit when I started driving but didn't expect it to go so soon.

I phoned Tweeks to try and get a deal on a Helix organic clutch and some Black Diamond discs and pads all round (as these are still standard) and they quoted me £863 inc delivery. Don't have this kinda money at th mo so had to stick to standard and worry about the brakes later :( I'm hoping the garage I've left it at will be able to get a clutch and get it installed tomorrow.

Ho hum. Back to travelling to work in my mates Saxo :oops:

Title edited for you and moved to tuning - FAST GUY

J

J-GTi-R

Er, I assume you just mean the clutch pooped, as gearboxes don't slip (they go bang, crunch, grind etc).

J

jasegould

You fitting a standard clutch :?: :shock: Not worth it in the long run as when you go to 1 bar (which you will :wink: ) you wear it out

T

TweakEm

Aye, Tweeks quoted me about £334 for one. How much is just a standard clutch? The mechanic I took my car to said the only one he can get is £170 and about £90 fitting!

Think I'm gonna have to go for the latter as my overdraft is only so big :?

E

Edd

TweakEm said:
about £90 fitting!
guess he's never done an R clutch before :lol: :lol: :lol:

get that quote in writing if you don't want it to treble :wink:

A

Anonymous

TweakEm said:
and about £90 fitting!
:shock: :shock: :shock: either he`s only charging £10 an hour or he`s never changed a clutch in an r before :D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
TweakEm said:
Aye, Tweeks quoted me about £334 for one. How much is just a standard clutch? The mechanic I took my car to said the only one he can get is £170 and about £90 fitting!

Think I'm gonna have to go for the latter as my overdraft is only so big :?

I'd Imagine that it'll be a lot more than £90 to fit the clutch... Fitting charges range from £235 - £350...

Rishi

A

Anonymous

mr blobby 1st,oap 2nd and rishi bringing up the rear ooer :shock: :lol: :lol:

E

Edd

oap-r said:
that's also the same order of who's going to be the quickest at santa pod :wink:

more importantly me FIRST and you oap LAST :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Edd said:
oap-r said:
that's also the same order of who's going to be the quickest at santa pod :wink:

more importantly me FIRST and you oap LAST :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oi!!!!...

Don't plan on being too far behind... Planning on 400bhp and a stripped out R'... :p

E

Edd

ok ok OAP can bring up the rear as i've heard that's how he likes it :wink: :lol: