Clutch plate question

gtirx2

Does anyone have a new helix paddle center plate that they could measure the thickness of so i know how much meat i have left on mine as mine is getting close to the rivets.
I can just about remember when it was new and it was not overly thick then so i am not sure if its dead yet.

P

Pete

well is the clutch slipping yet if not why bother until it is :shock: :shock: :roll: :)

gtirx2

Thing is i am trying to bang my R back together for the summer[as its in bits] and don't have the cash for a clutch center yet.I will get one when i get more parts and a bigger turbo and do it all in one hit hopefully next winter time or the end of summer and go for proper power.
I was useing a hks 3 paddle jobbie and that was fine but the center with the springs in is rattleing about and loose and it is pretty worn so i don't want to put that back in,but i have a old helix paddle center plate that i have laying around that i took out a couple of years back when my R first blew up.I did not do many miles on it proberbly 3-4000 and it did not slip but there does not look like there is much meat on it it looks close to the rivets and i can not 100% remmeber how much was on it when it was new.
I think not 100% sure but a standed organic nissan center plate is about 8.4mm thick and this helix paddle is at about 7.5mm but where the friction material is riveted on to it there is only about 0.6-0.7mm if that clearence from the rivets?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
gtirx2 said:
Thing is i am trying to bang my R back together for the summer[as its in bits] and don't have the cash for a clutch center yet
Have you tried pricing up a friction plate because if you can't afford a friction plate :shock: you really need to rethink your plans.Friction plates cost next to nothing :shock:

gtirx2

I know:oops: :oops: :oops: i am just trying to get it back on the road for summer,and you must know how it is couple of hundred here and there and you have soon spent thosands again:doh: .i have only just rebuilt my box and spent money on varias other things and now my turbo is dead again and need another cheap standed jobby just to get me going as i don't have the cash for a 3071 set up just yet and i am running out of cash,also paddle clutches wear pretty quick so i don't want to put a new one in it now and have to replace it again when i get the other bits i need so i can get 400 brake hopefully after summer.