clutch pics

Shaun

It does look very similar to most clutches for the Pulsar,they tend to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.Friction plates tend to have 4 or six springs and pressure plates tend to either have thicker fron's or double frons.

nitrosgti-r

fook, i thinks its standard then. Grrrr. i bought that off someone from here

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stevo_123uk <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And he said it was a helix organic clutch, all balanced in with a knife edge crank and lightened flywheel. HUH !!!!

see here......

J

jpward

nitrosgti-r said:

And he said it was a helix organic clutch, all balanced in with a knife edge crank and lightened flywheel. HUH !!!!

see here......
Look for numbers on the friction plate and also take a pic of the other side of the pressure plate to determin if it is a helix on first look it does look like one but need to see other side to be sure ;-)

nitrosgti-r

hey jpward, thanks for this......

ok the numbers on the friction plate are NW-6453 or MADE IN JAPAN with the numbers 060731 under it or a crown symbol with the letters NKK under it, all these details are around the center sline.

I will take a piccy of the pressure plate when the rain clears :)

nitrosgti-r

errr, well its definatly not a helix clutch then!

Iv just had a quick look on a google image search and i came up with this

http://www.kansaiautomotive.com/DSC04221.JPG

Its a Nismo clutch and i thought it might tally up as nismo are in Japan arent they?

This is a very simular looking pressure plate to the one i have but i will take some pics never the less

Cheers for your help jpward :)

Last edited:
J

jpward

I think the nismo and standard ones look the same

I get more the impression that you have a completly standard kit in your hands!

J

jpward

Shaun said:
If it is a Nismo clutch then i believe they are stock replacement and wont hold any more torque.
Well i dont know if the nismo spec cover would have been any better but the HKS one i have looks very similar also but has heavier springs so would hold better due to greater pressure on a standard disc its possible the nismo was the same idea not much point paying like £500 for one then to find its the same as a £270 kit out off AP racing

Personally and the bottom line i would not put that clutch in my car as i bet few hundred miles later on sliper clutch kicks in and we all know what a job it is to get the lump out just cos off a few quid!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
nitrosgti-r said:

see here......
well, at least the crank looks like it's knife edged :-D

J

jpward

pulsarboby said:
Thats A Nismo Clutch, I Have One Sitting In Workshop!
So is the first thread pic a Nismo one Bobby? ohh do you know the clamping force?

J

jpward

They look the same to me???

Even my hks one is only different looking due to colour!

nitrosgti-r

im back from work at last lol.

cheers for your help on this guys. i cant say im not gutted about this clutch as i payed good money for the bottom end and i got the clutch as the chap said it was a Helix organic one with a lightened flywheel and all balanced in 2gether with that knife edged crank.

i have a good mind 2 give up now to be honest.