Clutch pedal play....

matp5

ok, im tired of searching the forum so heres my problem...

I have a little play in my clutch pedal, it doesn't come up 100%. I noticed this when I was at the track, started in the middle of the day where I had to kick the pedal up the last inch or so after shifting.

After looking under the dash I noticed that theres a little plastic spacer in the shape of a cylinder that goes around the pin that links the master cylinder to the pedal itself. Im pretty sure the play is from this plastic spacer.

Clutch is brand new from last year, clutch fluid has been bled last week, no air in the system. The play is really where the master cylinder rod attaches to the pedal.

Anyone know what im talking about or have seen this before?

I'll try to take a picture...

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Er... do you have a support bracket?
This sounds like something in the pedal box is about to give way, but maybe it's just excessive play.

DannyGTI-R

I had the same problem a few years back where the pedel some times wouldnt return to the top turned out to be a tiny crack in my clutch line as I also never lost any fluid. One day it popped and I replaced it with a new braided one and job done. Worth a go.....

GTiR-Kid

Same thing happened on my car a few months back, turned out that the master cylinder seals were on the way out.

Any fluid on the carpet around the clutch pedal or any sign of paint stripped off the pedal?? Both good indicators that master cylinder seals are leaking

matp5

I do have the support bracket.

im pretty sure the play is in that plastic spacer... what do you guys have around that pin that links the master cylinder to the pedal?

thanks guys