Clutch Master Cylinder Leaking

Gray

No, suppose i could try that for now but doubt it would help in the long run

I'll nip to a garage on the way home see what they think.

O

Odin

I'd say from what your telling us that the clutch or bearing has had it :cry: :cry: , If your going to need it changing it's going to cost about £250-£300 labour depending on who's doing it and another £400 in parts ie new clutch and £40 bearing.

But I could be wrong so I'd get it checked by someone that knows these cars. If you do have to drop the engine it maybe worth changing the clutch master cylinder while the engine is out and it's easy to get too :wink: .

rob

Gray

So am talkin about a grand? Might get a 2k loan and get sum other bits fitted while theyre at it like lightened pulleys, flywheel etc, get em to remove air con etc

Have see if I can get my loan topped up lol

Mr GTiR

As Rob say, it sounds like your release bearing have had it :cry:

I would not get a lightened flywheel if your not doing the crank as you won't see the full benefits of spening money on a lightened flywheel.

Also, removing the aircon is a 30 min job. Bring your car round with some Stella and a new belt and i'll remove it for ya :wink:

Gray

guys at hiteq recon it could be the fork 270 plus vat plus any parts so not too bad if its that

ChrisS

Pointless just getting the fork done while its all out. May aswell get the lot done as you can bet if you dont it wont be long before something goes.

ChrisS

May aswell get the cluch changed depending on how worn it is. The labour cost is in getting the engine/box out, its not going to cost you much more to get it all swapped, apart from in parts.
Anything else thats servicable on the back of the engine is worth swopping whilst its out. Ive just had a hose go on the back, most of them look impossible to do with the engine in situ :( . Worth checking what condition the knock sensors in aswell as thats v.awkward to swop when the engines in.

Mr GTiR

Gray said:
did you have similar problems Andy as I'm having at the mo?
I had difficulty engaging mine into gears and every time i selected reverse it crunched. It turned out to be a knackard clutch fork and slave cyinder.

Gray said:
What else should I get done while its out dya reckon Chris?
LOL how much money have you got?

Clutch
Gearbox (if your feeling rich:)
Starter motor (recon it)
Knock sensor
Water hoses
Master Cylinder

Gray

its still driveable just lol
can start off in second and can change gears at the right revs just like not pressin the clutch pedal

takin it to hiteq on saturday for them to take a look they recon its the fork
gettin the master cylinder and a new clutch while its there

Dooie Pop Pop

do the slave cylinder too then, Ian' ll probably advise you too anyway as when your new master cylinder starts pumping it might find a weak spot :shock: :(

Gray

Went to Hiteq today

It was a fooked release bearing and bent clutch fork so I'm getting them both replaced aswell as the leaking master cylinder, leaking rocker gasket and getting a 3 piece helix organic clutch put in aswell should be back on the road by friday at the latest next week :D

800 quid for the lot :roll:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Gray said:
Went to Hiteq today

It was a fooked release bearing and bent clutch fork so I'm getting them both replaced aswell as the leaking master cylinder, leaking rocker gasket and getting a 3 piece helix organic clutch put in aswell should be back on the road by friday at the latest next week :D

800 quid for the lot :roll:
thats actually not a bad price mate