Clutch for Sprinting

bracpan

I know this has been asked many times about clutches, but what I realy need is feedback from people who have different clutches.

I race my car in Sprints and Hillclimbs in the production class, so the car is still road legal and is driven on the road every week ( although it is my second car)

So I need a clutch that can take up to 400 bhp and 360+ torque ( this is what I will be aming for in the future) The car will do around 80 to 100 hard starts over the year plus has to be resonable on the road and drive line. What is every bodys opinion on the best allround clutch for this, I will be fitting a quife box but would prefer to use the standard engine and clutch mounts to give some complience in the drive line.

I have raced with ceramic clutches in the past and found these bite the best, used an organic in a 390 bhp Pulsar last year, that did not have the required bite for a good start. The starts are fast but not as hard as drag racing. Let me know what you all think.

Cheers

Phil

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Ceramic Twin Plate Clutch...

This will take all the abuse for your Hill Climb events... Will happily handle the launches... But will also be kinder for normal driving than the single plate ceramic clutches with the high presure covers...

OS Giken is a common choice althogh if you do your research there are plently more you can use...

Rishi

bracpan

Rishi

Makes sence, but do these clutches have sprung centers or are they solid?
I know Ian at Hi-teq stock these will be taking my car to him soon.

Thanks for your reply, look forward to any other peoples opinions.

Cheers

Phil

Rishi

bracpan said:
Rishi

Makes sence, but do these clutches have sprung centers or are they solid?
I know Ian at Hi-teq stock these will be taking my car to him soon.

Thanks for your reply, look forward to any other peoples opinions.

Cheers

Phil
You can get them as Solid, Sprung or Centre Damper plates...

Rishi

bracpan

Thanks Again Rishi, had a look and they look good, shame about the cost but you get what you pay for and they do look top notch

Has anybody else got any ideas??? I am sure Rishi is not the only one who has an uprated clutch.

Cheers

Phil

Rishi

You can also look at the Tilton, Quatermaster and Superclutch....

Rishi

J

jimmy

i use and recommend ACTs range of clutches and flywheels.

B

bex

just a quick question...

on a hill climb do you just drive up a hill?

:?

O

Odin

bex said:
just a quick question...

:shock: :shock: A true classic :lol: :lol: , I sure you lot would agree.

rob :lol: :lol:

K

KRS

If i comment im afraid the thread will be moved :cry:

I rate the OS giken, but as rishi says there are many other

B

bex

vpulsar said:
bex said:
just a quick question...

:shock: :shock: A true classic :lol: :lol: , I sure you lot would agree.

rob :lol: :lol:
rob! its a serious question?

is it like drag racing up hill or what?

:lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
KRS said:
A single plate maybe, but a twin should be fine.
I've got a Quartermaster/superclutch twin plate metallic. Beautiful piece of engineernig, pain in the back side when in first. Noises, judders, etc. Into 2nd and again its very feelsome and a nice clutch. My left leg wouldn'y call it street friendly and I find I use neutral a lot at junctions and in traffic

Jim

bracpan

Thanks for the replys, were do you get the Quatermaster from? cant seem to find em on the web.
As for hillclimbing we race up a tight twisty hill (on tarmac) most range from 500mm to 1.5km, usually around plenty of things to hit, trees walls etc, so gets your skills sharpened or else no car.
Going through a farm gate at 90mph sorts the men out from the boys..he he.
Thanks agin for all you help.
Cheers
Phil

ps Sprints are around race tracks 1 to 2 laps, more open but faster.

Dooie Pop Pop

try superclutch in google..i think i spoke to pete cant remember :oops: anyway VERY helpfull guy/company but you' ll need another flywheel to fit it..

as it would happen Rishi (when he gets his love eggs out of his ar5e) is gonna be sorting a clutch/fw package which comes in very cheap :D :D :D :wink: better news is a refurb kit around £50! :shock: 8) :p :D thats 10% of what the OS GIKEN costs to refurb btw :wink:

hope that helps, Stu :)

JIMMYBACK

Dooie Pop Pop said:
try superclutch in google..i think i spoke to pete cant remember :oops: anyway VERY helpfull guy/company but you' ll need another flywheel to fit it..

as it would happen Rishi (when he gets his love eggs out of his ar5e) is gonna be sorting a clutch/fw package which comes in very cheap :D :D :D :wink: better news is a refurb kit around £50! :shock: 8) :p :D thats 10% of what the OS GIKEN costs to refurb btw :wink:

hope that helps, Stu :)
o chuck one this way i need one :? :wink: