clutch - ap organic or helix organic

which one then

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

:roll: :roll: i meant rating a clutch in bhp when it should`ve been rated in lb/ft :D

GINGA

Had my ap organic fitted since october 2002 and in that time its seen plenty of abuse, shit loads of full on drag starts with upto 1.8bar and shot 50 shot of nos :twisted: and shows no sign of giving up yet (touch wood :oops: ) its slightly heavier than standard and juddered a bit when i first put it in but that was probably because i never had the flywheel skimmed :wink:
When the time comes to get another clutch i'll more than likely go for another one even with my power goals at over 400bhp :p
Dave (antilag) also has a ap organic fitted on his beast and that also seems to be coping fine with his liking for full on launches every few minutes :shock: :lol:

ex-gtir

DodgeT said:
deciding factor.... ive read & been told a couple of times that they both use an exedy cover, however, it seems that helix use the std cover, whereas AP use an uprated(or uprate it themselves?) exedy cover, hence why the pedal is perhaps harder.

this is not true excedy only surply the shell off the cover not the inside components like the springs and finger! :!: people need to get their facts straight before telling others things :evil: ap and helix fit their own components inside and the helix cover is stronger pedal hardness does not have anything to do with it any more as new designs in cover manufacturing means you can have a strong cover with a light pedal
mike

turblio

Mike is quite correct in what he says here as my R was the first to have
one of the uprated covers fitted Terry at Helix managed to change the
leverage point on the cover so as to make it still fairly light on the pedal :wink: (and mike fitted it so he has first hand info!)
Frank