clutch and flywheel

• Thread starter Ninja_tune_factory
  • Start date
N

Ninja_tune_factory

hi all

well my time is up :shock: my clutch when last nite so now im looking
for one, i want to no what clucths are good and wich ones are 5hit.
also is the nd lightwight flywheel any good ?

any help will be good thanks lionel.

nismoboy

Well ive got an ap paddle clutch and i hate it! paddle clutches are a nightmare in traffic :x . Get yoour self a decent organic like the ap organic or the helix organic. It all depends on what sort of torque rating u want,most organic clutches are only good for about 300-330lbft thats why i went for a paddle cos they are rated for a bit more. Big mistake :(

N

Ninja_tune_factory

i was goin to go for a paddle but i dont no now :? :?

N

Ninja_tune_factory

has anyone had a exedy Single Plate Cerametallic Racing Clutch (S Type)? as this may be my new clutch

are they any good ?

G

GAZ P

I've got an AP organic but with a uprated cover plate and can't fault it I'm running 357bhp @ 1.4bar and it don't slip even on hard launches.If your after the Exedy I think DP motorsport & Hyper sport & racing are dealers so try them.

A

Anonymous

Isnt the Exedy clutch the one edd had a few small niggles with :shock: :wink:

A

Anonymous

and when you say went, do you mean its completely dead or slipping loads?

I'm pretty lucky as i've been running a bar for a couple of months now and its not slipping at all :D (touch wood, touch head)

E

Edd

do you use sandpaper to wipe your ar*e????

if you do, buy an Exedy clutch :wink:

MarkTurbo

:lol: Exedy clutches - Edd's favourite subject :lol:

Lionel, i wouldn't bother with a paddle clutch with the power you're running, an organic will be fine :wink: (And easier to drive :lol: ) I've got the AP organic but the Helix is just as good.

skiddusmarkus

The Helix paddle is a lot easier to use than the AP.Or maybe it's just becasue I had my flywheel lightened and balanced so had a nice new surface on and my mate with the AP didn't even have his skimmed.
If you can get a paddle with 6 pucks on then they're even easier to use.If you don't do a lot of drag racing and are worried about breaking your gearbox,get a Helix/AP organic.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

i just bin looking at the price of the exedy clutch and theres not much differents in price from paddel or organic , so i mite get the paddel :? :? (but dont no as alot of you say there a cnut to drive with) ............but how good are the paddel for fast road use and track days?

how much 5hit can you give a paddel over an organic ?

edd wat probelm did you have with ur clutch ?

A

AJ4

Dont know how much truth there is in this, but I heard that most paddles have a limited life, ie 20 launches, 30 launches etc. With the organic it slips before it breaks so they last a good bit longer.

MarkTurbo

lionel_white_R said:
i just bin looking at the price of the exedy clutch and theres not much differents in price from paddel or organic , so i mite get the paddel

edd wat probelm did you have with ur clutch ?
Clutch :?: You mean clutches :lol: If i remember rightly he had 2 exedy's that broke :shock: Think it was the friction plate that broke but i'm sure he'll be along later to correct me :roll: and give you a slap for thinking about buying one of those clutches :lol:

ex-gtir

paddles are sh1t period
go for an organic far better
and the excedy broke the spring out of the friction plate
mike

E

Edd

please refer to my other comment and don't come crying to me if it brakes :roll: :twisted:

M

memski

Got a Helix organic and it held 1.4bar on my old T28 no probs, still going strong :) Only slips when I use launch control, so I give that a miss now :p