Clio Wheels

Garef

Will any mk clio wheels fit on the R as long as they are four stud or are there certain ones that won't, obvioulsly the v6 wheels won't fit, but any others? Cheers.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Fast Guy said:
What's the centre bore on the Renault wheels?
ET will affect fitment to a degree too.
I looked at this too, with some 16" Turinis (172). Iirc the hole bore was about 0.5mm larger on the wheel than our GTiR's.

Hopefully I’ll be able to find out in a few weeks unless someone can or does beat me to it.

vss irvine

Make - Nissan Model - Sunny Year - 91 to 00 PCD - 4x100 Offset - 35 to 45 Bore - 59.1

Make - Renault Model - Clio 3 Year - 06> PCD - 4x100 Offset - 35 to 45 Bore - 60.1

seek and you shall find!!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
vss irvine said:
Make - Nissan Model - Sunny Year - 91 to 00 PCD - 4x100 Offset - 35 to 45 Bore - 59.1

Make - Renault Model - Clio 3 Year - 06> PCD - 4x100 Offset - 35 to 45 Bore - 60.1

:hail:

STU4X4

You Shouldnt Really Rely On Just The Wheel Bolts Holding The Wheel Central You`ll Put Excessive Strain On Them.

I Bought Some Aftermarket Wheels Off A 172 And Bought The Spiggot Rings To Fit The Pulsar, Much Safer That Way Imo.

Garef

vss irvine said:

I had already seen that, I was just being my usual lazy self and wanted some clever **** like yourself to come on and say ,YEAH IT'LL WORK. Cheers mate.

youngsyp

STU4X4 said:
You Shouldnt Really Rely On Just The Wheel Bolts Holding The Wheel Central You`ll Put Excessive Strain On Them.
The only thing that holds the wheels on the car is the 4 wheel nuts. The centre bore of the wheel will not help this, it just might help when you offer the wheels up to the wheel studs.

The wheel nuts have a domed seat that will fit perfectly into the wheel's domed seat. This will position the wheels as they should be, not the centre bore. Even on my Compomotive MO wheels that are made for the GTiR, there is still an amount of 'play' between the hub flange fitment and the centre bore of the wheel !

Obviously having a centre bore on the wheel that is too small will hinder fitment but, one that is jus over size will not make any difference.....accept for a slightly lighter wheel ! :lol:

Paul

GTi-R23

Sorry but I'm with Stu on this, why not just get the correct spigot rings?

Ok it is only the nuts that hold the wheel on, but I'd much rather trust a wheel with correct spigot rings than one without, they will surely help keep the wheel central to the hub as the nuts are tightened up. Especially as the taper on the wheel nuts doesn't always match the taper of the hole in the wheels.

vss irvine

the differance from the renault to the nissan is 1mm, so thats 0.5 mm gap.

do you really think its going to make that much of a differance putting a bit of plastic in there?

Last edited:
B

Big-G

Yes it will make a difference, i sheared 2 wheel bolts on my old 5 turbo because i didnt use spiggot rings :shock: and for the sake of a tenner i'd use them to be on the safe side.