Chrome Wheels

Chrome Wheels

• Total voters

Websnowbo

There are loads of Aussie R's on chrome rims, do a search and you will find some pics.

In my opinion the R isn't suited to big chrome wheels, and they need to be big to look good. I can imagine on a show car they would be good but i guess everone has theyre own opinion.

If it was up to me everyone would be running around with an R on...............well you'll just have to wait and see. I'm not giving my sectrets away just yet.

geetee

Geetee - are you more a classic silver wheel ?
Yep.

But White Comps look good on some too. They suit the rally look.

But then I don't like the look of chrome alloys on anything - I think they look a bit cheap and nasty somehow.

It's only personal preference at the end of the day.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

S

Sy.

I thought that .. they looked cheap !
On some cars they look good ... same as white wheels . Black wheels i cant stand ... dont see the appeal .
So Normal alloys for me i think .

geetee

Saw a Bimmer M3 on the M1 yesterday with nasty cheap sideskirts and stuff.... and really really nasty chrome alloys with complex spokes.

It was only about a year old... why would anyone do that?

A

Anonymous

lol

they arent all that bad im taking mine off for the winter and sorry i hadnt washed it b4 this pic but i think it loos good :)
[/img]

Keira

me to. :(

Not my cup of tea at all, would rather have my battered old, cobweb ridden standard sh1tters on my car than them.

But aslong as you like them thats all that matters...

G

GAZ P

Pollished lip around the edge of the rim looks pretty cool in a Jap street race style :lol: :twisted: :lol: but chrome :cry: :oops: :cry:

A

Anonymous

lol

i know i know the rims came with the car which i bought off a mate cause its absolutely solid for a pulsar but i do actually like them occasionally, gotta take em off for the winter anyway and put on some nice rally rims but i thought about having them redone in black crome ? but cheers for all giving it a good slating nice to know im a bit different :?

S

srbpower

Chrome wheels :shock: you got to have big balls to have them, also need a certain type of car to pull them off ***no pun intended!*** :lol: Something like a lexus/pimped up BM. Just not sure it suits a Jap sports car, were looks are clearly behind function.

Each to there own :)

Si :)

G

GTI-R Kid

We used to have smoked chrome Kosei's on our GTI-R, and we both loved them. Got plenty of compliments on them too from drivers or other cars.

I wouldn't be so gone on proper chrome, but i think the smoked works well.

Judge for yourself...

O

Odin

GTI-R Kid said:
We used to have smoked chrome Kosei's on our GTI-R, and we both loved them. Got plenty of compliments on them too from drivers or other cars.

I wouldn't be so gone on proper chrome, but i think the smoked works well.

Judge for yourself...

Sorry Rob but they also look really sh!t in my humble opinion :roll: :cry:
what drug is every body on what with lambo doors and now crome wheels :?: I'v tryed to keep quite but it's now gone to far :roll: but yours arn't as bad as that other set mate there really nasty :wink: :( :cry: .

rob

G

GTI-R Kid

vpulsar said:
Sorry Rob but they also look really sh!t in my humble opinion :roll: :cry:
what drug is every body on what with lambo doors and now crome wheels :?: I'v tryed to keep quite but it's now gone to far :roll: but yours arn't as bad as that other set mate there really nasty :wink: :( :cry: .

rob
I know i've been away for a while, but what happened to you V? Did you get neutered or something? When i saw you'd replied i was looking forward to a reply laced with sarcasm and pisstaking, not the more sombre laid back reply i've just read. :shock:

Fair enough you don't like them, I'm not going to take it personally that our opinions differ. I will say that the pic above doesn't really do them justice (did you ever see Evan's black R in the flesh maybe at Trax - as it had the same wheels?). Each to their own really. :cry:

I would have loved a set of white Compomotive MO's (Rally stylee), but reckoned they'd look shite on an Ivory GTI-R and just make the car look dirty in comparison to them. :oops: