Chopped gearbox input shaft to use as alignment tool

Hello, I'm after a a chopped shaft or something so I can fit my twin plate clutch! Anyone got anything or got one they can chop off a fcuked box??
Thanks Chris

johnsy

isnt there a very simple tool you can buy to do this, i think they only cost a few quid

I have a simple tool to centralise the clutch plate for a single plate clutch, but for a twin plate I need to make sure both sets of splines are perfectly lined up too!

thought youd got it all back in nd running???
Let's just say, it's in, but it's not right. :-( Going to end up taking it all to bits again on Saturday afternoon I think, hopefully finding a fault an rebuilding it! You coming to help!??

ChrisS

Let's just say, it's in, but it's not right. :-( Going to end up taking it all to bits again on Saturday afternoon I think, hopefully finding a fault an rebuilding it! You coming to help!??
got enough jobs to do myself. Might pop down at some point depending how things go and if its wet or not

Depending if it's wet!? That because of your overpowered rear wheel drive death machine!!?? :) I tell ya mate, four wheel drive, it's the future!!!