changing from AFM to MAP sensor

boucherie

does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to wire in a MAP sensor to an R :?: ive got an ssqv and the engine wont run right without recircing it, or the other option given to me was to fit a MAP sensor and ditch the AFM.
if the jobs not too bad then il go down the MAP sensor route, if i do are there any other precautions i need to be aware of :?:

If i have to recirc the ssqv, then can i use an industrial adhesive to attach the recirc pipe to the front of the unit :?:

O

Odin

boucherie said:
If i have to recirc the ssqv, then can i use an industrial adhesive to attach the recirc pipe to the front of the unit :?:
you can buy an adaptor for the HKS dump valve that turn's it into a recirc type.

rob

D

DOT2DOT

Sell your SSQV and buy a bailey evo twin piston atmospheric. Will solve the runnin rough problem + they sound pretty gud aswell.

Dooie Pop Pop

mine run fine with the ssqv before and after adding 264cams :? whats the point of selling something that you have to alter to get your car to run properly?

what exactly do you mean by the engine doesn' t run right mate?

stu

boucherie

i mean that off boost it runs really 'lumpy' and sounds like its got a bit of a misfire, but that could be because the ecu's chucking in more fuel to try and balance everything out, once the car gets some boost its fine, so if i can sort out the 'off boost' setup then theres no need to recirc :!:
I think nismoboy has recirced his ssqv, but have you had anything done to the fuelling to compensate for the additional unmetered air your drawing in :?:

zia

how do you know it is drawing in air? how do you think the map sensor will work with the standard ecu? what mods do you have? has it alway's been like this?have you any change's

zia

I

Innovate Performance

hi,

To run a map sensor you will most likley have to go over to a stand alone ECU like Haltech, Motec etc.

Have the haltech system on mine and it takes about 2hours to install and get running as it uses a plug and play loom. Will be getting mine on the dyno soon to se what gains we get on a standard ish car.

if you are going to go for big power then i would go done this route as you can save you self money and time in the long run.

Dooie Pop Pop

you can run a map sensor with a £200 emanage or a power fc.

as mentioned already it depends on how much power you want.

sub 450bhp go for the emanage mate. cant vouch for the power fc but im pretty sure you can go a lot higher with that :wink:

ram5ay

boucherie said:
i mean that off boost it runs really 'lumpy' and sounds like its got a bit of a misfire
I've seen a few BOV's leaking causing rough running, especially older ones. It might be worth checking this first before you go down a more expensive route.

boucherie said:
but have you had anything done to the fuelling to compensate for the additional unmetered air your drawing in
You shouldn't be drawing air/losing boost unless the BOV is leaking. If the BOV is working ok then your mixture might go rich when it dumps to atmosphere, as the ecu thinks that the dumpd air is still in the system firing in the appropriate fuel to match.

:wink: