center diff

R

robinsongtir

yep almera is N15 always thought cusco never made them for our cars

D

Dee 1

I`ve only just seen it on the box as the guy said it was for the gtir pulsar :evil:

D

Dee 1

Matty i wish i knew that a few weeks ago luckly didnt pay fook all for it :x

D

Dee 1

Yeh log on there last night but you have to sign up and pay to post anything and didnt see a for sale section either :evil:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
So where exactly where are the Diffs???, the rear is obvious but the front or centre ??? where are they???

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The centre is in the front and the front diff is in the centre :?

The front diff is in the transfer case and the centre diff is in the gearbox according to the people that know these things :)

Personally, I'd have just named them by their location ie front diff to me would have been furthest forward one, ie gearbox. I guess Nissan like confusing people :?

cmng

Dee 1 said:
Got hold of this a few weeks ago for the R its a CUSCO MZ one way LSD
but i dont know if its for the front or what or if one way is any good????

Anyone know

LOOK CAREFULLY

it is for N15 30 series box

look at the no of bolt to the final drive..
14 bolt opposed to GTIR which is 10 bolt

nismoboy

It still might fit with a bit of modification. Also there could be other options for lsd`s for the pulsar. 300ZX has an lsd could this fit? 200sx? Any one know where u can buy the nismo diffs from :?: and how much :?:

zia

for the pulsar. 300ZX has an lsd could this fit? 200sx? Any one know where u can buy the nismo diffs from and how much
checker flag to both front and back but ain,t cheap at £600 each plus shipping

zia

cmng

nismoboy said:
It still might fit with a bit of modification. Also there could be other options for lsd`s for the pulsar. 300ZX has an lsd could this fit? 200sx? Any one know where u can buy the nismo diffs from :?: and how much :?:

nope
30 and 50 series LSD wont fit each other
size and bolt is big different
as well the drive shaft size

Nad

I posted a pic up a while ago of the positions of the diffs. I think people get confused with what the diff and transfer case does. You need the diff where it can be controlled mechanically, stuck after the transfer case it wont be able to do this.

The front driveshaft run thru the centre diff, and are controlled by it whereas the centre diff runs around the front driveshafts to control the rear via the transfer case. Think of it as two tubes, one inside the other.

Nad

P.S. Dont quote me on the above, hadnt had a proper look, only from poor photos.

K

kizzyturbo4x4

agreed with nad there,
the center diff is in real doing the centre job! even if it sits further "front".
so nissan blokes just knowed their job :) lol.. maybe.
again i just wish they had spent 2 more years developing the R... :?