Castle Combe.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
No problem Danny. Just general interest. I'd like to come along and spectate but work is quite heavy at the moment so unlikely to get the time out.

Good luck with the next event.

velly4

That's awesome Danny. Need to chuck a GoPro on it for the next one.

The guys I usually go with done a day last week and racked up 185km on the track. Do you know how many you done?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You can drive the mountain on a daily basis though! - Ever pretend to be Mark Skaife in a Skyline? :lol:

velly4

You can drive the mountain on a daily basis though! - Ever pretend to be Mark Skaife in a Skyline? :lol:
Sadly no. There is only one week a year that you can do a track day at Bathurst. I could buy a second R for the cost of the event though. I have since moved away from Bathurst so not sure if that event even still happens.

We do our track days at a little circuit 2 hours from Bathurst called Wakefield Park, here my last video from there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hD2NzAbLp0

red reading

About 110 miles or 176 km was about 55 laps hard and then cooling laps so about 60 in total of a 1.85 mile circuit the car does about 4miles per gallon or a tank every 20 laps give or take, I suppose I should get a go pro...never really thought about it.

velly4

About 110 miles or 176 km was about 55 laps hard and then cooling laps so about 60 in total of a 1.85 mile circuit the car does about 4miles per gallon or a tank every 20 laps give or take, I suppose I should get a go pro...never really thought about it.
That's a bloody big day out. Hopefully I'll get mine to that point one day.

I have the Go Pro for 2 reasons, 1st it's interesting to watch back and see how much you got it right vs wrong and second is if something goes wrong and you end up in an accident there is no arguing with video footage. I know it doesn't mean much on circuit but it could save you a lot of trouble dealing with some clown who thinks he's in the right.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I've got an HKS DMR, but I haven't used it on the track yet; just on the road. - It's the same logic though; let it record what I saw (and if I plug the rear camera in, what was behind me), and log the speed/location by GPS.

On the road it's valid evidence that it wasn't my fault (or maybe it was), and perhaps that I wasn't speeding... although that may not say what I want it to.

I like the idea of reviewing what I did right/wrong on the track, and also being able to record the second input (so instead of using the rear camera, have it pointing at gauges or pedals).

vpulsar

4 mpg that's about right, I worked out mine was doing about that on a track day with mine.

Rob

red reading

You know I didn't see robs post on the iPad teach me to read before I open my gob!...sorry lads please carry on abusing rob.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yep, I was commenting on Robs driving skills from his infamous Knockhill track day. :lol:

red reading

It will go bang one day Davie , I have no disillusion of that at all but has done so well for so long I like to celebrate it a bit, I mean some people can't get them to last anytime at all and slate the car, when as proven its not the car it's how it's put together.