Castle Combe sprint

MarkTurbo

Had a bit of a mixed day yesterday at Castle Combe. I was 2nd quickest after my first practice run, then had a near spin at Quarry corner on my 2nd practice. It needed full opposite lock through a 3rd gear corner to straighten it up :shock: By this time 2 or 3 of the other drivers had gone quicker than me. My first timed run felt really quick and was one of those runs where you feel you couldn't have gone quicker anywhere, then as i returned to the pits i was waved down by a marshal who informed there was a problem with the timing gear and i'd need to have a re run as that run wasn't timed :doh:

The first half of my re run felt just as good and then i heard a whoosh from under the bonnet and straight away knew i'd popped a boost hose off somewhere, was starting to think it was going to be one of those days :evil: Got back to the paddock and couldn't see any pipes loose then i spotted a 2 inch long split in one of the elbows between the turbo and the intercooler. Luckily Merlin Motorsport is based at Castle Combe so managed to go in and buy a new Samco elbow (big thanks to the guys there :thumbsup: )

My 2nd timed run went well but i didn't think it was as quick as the one that wasn't timed. But after all that i ended up with the trophy for 2nd behind a very quick Evo 6 RS which is my best ever result since i started racing 8)

bracpan

Well done Mark, good to see you kept at it, im sure it will be one of many trophies in the future.
Great result.
Good Luck
Phil

bracpan

I think mark is the same as me "Road Going Production"....if so its better to look up the regs in the blue book....or ill be here all night typing.

johnsy

have you got a link to the full regulations, and or point me in the direction of said events

Mad

Well done Mark.

Im not a million miles away from Castle Coombe. What sort of competition was it? Just wondered as I would like to go racing next year.

MarkTurbo

Well done Mark.

Im not a million miles away from Castle Coombe. What sort of competition was it? Just wondered as I would like to go racing next year.
It was an MSA sprint. All being well i'll be doing the pegasus sprint there on the 15th october, come down for a look if you're around.