CAST IRON gearbox case!!!

boost

As in the words of the dragon's from dragons den.., so for £2300 of my kids inheritance for a gearbox case... I don't think so...I'm out! Lol

P

pulsarboby

as in words of dragons den........absolutely ludicroooous i wont be investing therefore im ooooot lol

RO_SUNNY

There's no need to make this knid of jokes.

This is the price that this case will be.....It's not made by me (as I don't have a steel mill) it's made by others!!!!
This is the price and that's it!

Please don't make anymore stupid jokes, sugestions and others!

If any of you, who made jokes, had anything to do with processing such case why didn't you do it in the 1'st place?

I am very dissapointed in seeing this because I was just trying to solve a long time problem with the weak point of the Gtir!

P

pulsarboby

there not jokes bogdan!

in a nutshell i think youll find the price is just too much for most to pay on something thats not 100% guaranteed to work.
plus as said there is the machining issues of fitting various gearsets into casing.
your in romania....guy who makes them is in greece and were in uk so guarantee is pretty worthless, plus the price has now escalated instead of decreasing.

we are not laughing at you or your thread directly

boost

Sunny no jokes are being made, like what has been said your doing a great job with the work your doing and developing a good product.I think you have taken constructive criticism a little to personal. My comment and also if I can speak for bobs comment is more like a private joke only us brats would get I think.Anyway I've work to do, gotta earn some money as I own a gtir!Sunny ps keep doing what your doing I take my hat off to you getting this far, its just on costs like I said before I'm out lol

RO_SUNNY

@ Boby

Thanks man!

I completly understand your opinion about prices and so!

Thanks again for the heads up.

@boost

Thank you also!

shroom

For £2300 UK Racing Castings will design and uprate the bell housing with upgraded magnesium & Aluminium.. I think i have said before.. crack the gearbox problem and the Gti-r will become very popular
http://www.uk-racing-castings.co.uk/castings_contents.htm
Or you could buy 12ish stock gearboxes for £200 each and some people sell them for even less! there are only very very limited people interested in actualy "progressing" with the R and tbh they know what there doing here in britian anyway and most like myself would much rather be more realistic and use the pulsar for what it is and enjoy it,

RO_SUNNY

Or you could buy 12ish stock gearboxes for £200 each and some people sell them for even less! there are only very very limited people interested in actualy "progressing" with the R and tbh they know what there doing here in britian anyway and most like myself would much rather be more realistic and use the pulsar for what it is and enjoy it,
That's also true my friend!

The Gtir owner it's not like an Evo 8/9 or Sti owner.............it's much moore poor:p

geoff pine

That's also true my friend!

The Gtir owner it's not like an Evo 8/9 or Sti owner.............it's much moore poor:p
Its nothing to do with not having the money to buy one of theses boxes its about common sense it tells me that i can not check the quality of your gearbox before i buy .That if there is a problem i can not get my money back (through my credit card company)also there's no reason why this box can not be made in a decent alloy so why stainless steel ??? .Gtir owners are not stupid and want to see proof of what they are buying we have already been told it looks like it has not been machined properly.

RO_SUNNY

Its nothing to do with not having the money to buy one of theses boxes its about common sense it tells me that i can not check the quality of your gearbox before i buy .That if there is a problem i can not get my money back (through my credit card company)also there's no reason why this box can not be made in a decent alloy so why stainless steel ??? .Gtir owners are not stupid and want to see proof of what they are buying we have already been told it looks like it has not been machined properly.
I never said that GTIR owner are stupid.....I am a GTIR owner!!!

You are correct in what you are saying.

I allready have spoken with Danny about this and if it will be posible I will send a case to him for testing!

splmum

Wholeheartedly agree.

It would be a complete waste of money without the research and design to prove the box reliability. And as many have already said, the average joe is not going to fork out that sort of money without verification it is hand-grenade proof, and that has not even been indicated anywhere in this topic.

Needs some more proof of function and reliability before it could be considered a positive goer. And even with PPG getting involved does not prove anything other than they possibly see a $$ return. You have to remember PPG are into racing and that may be where they see benefit, but as said, without proof of function and reliability it will be a hard sell.

ashills

why would someone trying for 600bhp on a sensiblish budget ever want to have 12 stock boxes though against one that works, the stock box is ok upto 400 but after that its just a case of time till it explodes

anyone doing a great deal of launches then this could be as much of a as must have as a aftermarket gear set as upto now no one seems to be able to get the casing to stay attached to the box

if it had come in around 13-1500 then it would have made it alot easier to swallow aswell but nevermind

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The down side to that is eventually you brake all the gearboxes and there isn't one left for anyone to run on, so all the cars are grounded. Then you have to sort something or get a different car.

vpulsar

The down side to that is eventually you brake all the gearboxes and there isn't one left for anyone to run on, so all the cars are grounded. Then you have to sort something or get a different car.

The biggest problem I can see with using standard casings is, That as Allen said if you're into drag racing seriously then you'd of already fitted a Quaife/Par/PPG gear set, And if the casing lets go then it's likely to spit that very expensive investment out all over the start line doing a lot of damage in the process, My Quaife was £1640 + vat plus fitting over 10 years ago and I doubt many people have got the money to replace them 20 times lol, If and it's a big if these casing's where proven to be both strong enough durable enough and well machined then I could possibly see the value but they have a long way to go prove that plus their would be a very small amount members who're serious enough, Don't forget you can buy a pulsar with a forged engine these days for under 5k.

Just some thoughts I thought I'd share.

John

Last edited:

jap-jet

Its nothing to do with not having the money to buy one of theses boxes its about common sense it tells me that i can not check the quality of your gearbox before i buy .That if there is a problem i can not get my money back (through my credit card company)also there's no reason why this box can not be made in a decent alloy so why stainless steel ??? .
Because Stainless has 3 times the tensile strength of alloy