Cars

Is this GTI-R worth the money that he wants for it it's from DCY Europe imports on pistonheads and on eBay it's at £5,585 but I'll no I'll get it for £5,500 is it worth help me out? My pulsar that I just bought on a bit of a gamble has got piston rings gone on cylinder 1 so I thought go and buy a nice 1 then have the other sit there and use it for bits wen I need them??

GTIR1000

i dont think its worth that. i think i heard some where its had accident damage or a may be mistaken with another car

The thing is why has that 1 been fully restored it must of been in a bad way before it had full respray and that ?? I no wat you mean though I'm just steered toasted this 1 cus of the condition and the mileage?

The car that I'm on about go pistonheads go to classified Nissan pulsar on the first page 5th one down?? That's the 1 I'm on about?

williams

The thing is why has that 1 been fully restored it must of been in a bad way before it had full respray and that ?? I no wat you mean though I'm just steered toasted this 1 cus of the condition and the mileage?
maybe he just wanted a mint condition car? nothing wrong with restored cars.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Snap!

It's a 20 year-old car; the only way it would be immaculate without having been restored would be if someone had it hermetically sealed shortly after it left the factory.
In fact, it probably wasn't in too bad a state to warrant the restoration... if it was rotten you'd just throw the shell on the scrap heap and find a better one.

I'm always wary of the import places, but I guess it's like buying from any car yard; you pay a premium because they have to provide a warranty etc. They've spent the money on buying it Japan, they've paid all the import dues, they've checked that all (well, all the bits you need) the bits are there, they've probably done a quick service, and it's a business so they need to make a profit on the top.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
maybe he just wanted a mint condition car? nothing wrong with restored cars.
Agreed...........if I were a Plumber I'd see fault in other plumbers work and want to correct it, if I were a builder I'd see fault in other builders brick work and want to put it right, if I were a car sprayer and spent all day everyday spraying cars and was used to looking at a perfect finish on a straight car.............some people want it just right and some don't give a fuck......it's just the way were made............. (hopefully you get my drift, if not ...................TAXI!!!)

Chrisniss can you just tell me wat problems it has had in the past if had any and is the car reliable cus if I'm spending that sort of money I don't wanna be chucking loads more money at it?