carbon fibre bonnets

A

another sunny

it may seem a silly idea but i have always hated the intercooler scoop on the bonnet so i am fitting a front mount and want to fit a scoop-less bonnet possibly a standard sunny one. Question: does any one make a carbon standary sunny bonnet?

The 500 hp ulsar on e-bay has a scoop-less bonnet i think it looks much nicer.

D

danmo

I'd like one of these too, but with some small vents like on a sierra cossie rs (the mean lookin one)

paz

another sunny said:
it may seem a silly idea but i have always hated the intercooler scoop on the bonnet so i am fitting a front mount and want to fit a scoop-less bonnet possibly a standard sunny one. Question: does any one make a carbon standary sunny bonnet?

The 500 hp ulsar on e-bay has a scoop-less bonnet i think it looks much nicer.
The simple answer is no ;) there may be one in existance somewhere, but no one sells one you can buy off the shelf.

paz

pete-r

I already approached a company(Reverie in essex) about making a one off of ten to twenty bonnets and was told it just wasnt worth there while.Even with a higher number of orders they still said they wouldnt do it.

bracpan

Know of some one making a Glass/fibre flat bonnet. 12lb in weight compared to 34lb for the standard one. but has to be painted...pm me for details
Cheers
Phil

pete-r

Yeah i meant to say,failing the CF bonnets pm Phil for a good deal on glass fibre bonnets,but you have to wait in the queue;)

A

another sunny

I have used glass fibre before (many years ago) why not, whoever makes the flat bonnets use tinted black resin instead of a solid gel coat, this way it would look like carbon fibre instead of glass fibre?

cmng

I was thinking to remove the GTiR bonet and replace with GTi bonet before

but a good point from a friend

A GTIR without it trademark Scoop is forever considered or labelled as N14 GTi even though it is Real GTiR

cmng said:
I was thinking to remove the GTiR bonet and replace with GTi bonet before

but a good point from a friend

A GTIR without it trademark Scoop is forever considered or labelled as N14 GTi even though it is Real GTiR
Exactly why I've just put a GTi-R bonnet back on mine ;) That, and 'cos I want to relocate the oil cooler to the top of the engine.

O

Odin

I agree a gtir with out it's bonnet just make's you look like a sad wannabee :doh: :cry: , The GTIR is nothing with out it's bonnet :der: .

Rob

pete-r

I wanna see the effects of using the flatter bonnet,doesnt really fuss me what kind of car people think ive got,i,ll be too busy enjoying driving my car.Its true the grilled bonnet is THE trademark of the Gti-r ,thats why mine will be getting wrapped up and stored in my loft until i decide to put it back on.

pete-r

rayman75 said:
whens that going to be mate????;-)

i was told that jay had his mapped on monday, but aint heard anything yet.
LOL,Im reliably informed it shall be ready for my return in october complete with new g/box and new exhaust system.Me and my bro are off to the ring,are you up for it?I havent spoke to Jay since i left the country.

Last edited:
A

another sunny

It may soond a little strange but i like the performance and handling with my gtir, if i could pull u next to an m3 owner who thinks i am in a gti , then mince him at the lights . surely this is a good thing!

serks2

Thunder God said:
I agree a gtir with out it's bonnet just make's you look like a sad wannabee :doh: :cry: , The GTIR is nothing with out it's bonnet :der: .

Rob

I agree!! i love evrything about the R!!!:)

R

*Red*

You can't have a GTiR without the GTiR bonnet! :shock:

That's just wrong! :(

(in my opinion anyway :oops:)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GTIR-LOZ said:
i believe fast guy has the carbon turnini bonnet with the flat cut out doodahs, correct me if im wrong
I bought one, but the quality was so crap so I sent it straight back.

I now have the CFX UK on and the quality was on a different planet

I believe Rishi has a Turini one, don't know if it's C/F tho.
Bruce Spence had a C/F one and again the quality didn't look all that:? It's a shame SENissan/tech/whatever went down the pan before they learnt how to use the stuff.

maz

*Red* said:
You can't have a GTiR without the GTiR bonnet! :shock:

That's just wrong! :(

(in my opinion anyway :oops:)
couldnt agree more, its not a GTIR without the bonnet, its a sunny with a 2.0l turbo engine.