Carbon Fibre bonnets.just a thought?

N

Ninja_tune_factory

pins for shor they will look the nuts :D but i dont no about the vents i like the stand vents in the bonnet cood you leve them like the standerd vents on the side.

G

gotoinstant-redline

yeh.. no probs. i'll do it so you can stick the stock vents back on and just make the hole under them slightly larger. it will look the same once the vent is on it.

L.

G

gotoinstant-redline

soz, you would mind? or you would like pins??

just got the next stage of the mould sorted this morning and waiting for that to dry, then its onto the last stage this afternoon. :)

L.

A

Anonymous

bonnet catch for me please. :D :D
dont wanna spend all that money so some one can undo the pins take the bonnet and half my engine!!! :(
anyway could still add pins for looks even with the catch. 8)

cheers

alan

J

jaigtir

Sorry mate, i wouldnt mind have pins and carch just to be safe :D

G

gotoinstant-redline

Boooooost said:
How much would the rear spoiler be and would it have the covers fo the fixing screws in the top?
not sure how much yet. not started to build it. but not too much. less than 300 defo.
as for screw holes, i've not looked at the standard ones so i dont know how they work yet. thus is havent invented my own for it.. but i will makse sure that the spoiler is at least as good or better than nissans one.

L.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GoToInstant-Redline said:
but i will makse sure that the spoiler is at least as good or better than nissans one.

L.
The main problem being it's easy to rip it off and leave the bolts behind, as someone demonstrated for me. :evil:

A

Anonymous

any update on how long the bonnets gonna be?!!! 8)
cant wait to see the finished article as i did not fancy the turini one :cry: no offence to anyone that bought one but to me the bonnet is part of the cars charicter :D :D bad spelling there i no.... :shock: :shock:
and also to anyone that bought said bonnet if service is anything to go by you migght recieve them by the years end. :twisted: :twisted:
good luck.....

Nad

JU5TY said:
Yeah defo a catch...

As daredevil said, dont want someone helping themself to half my engine.
U can get bonnet pins that are operated by a D-Lock key system rather than just pins.

Nad

A

Anonymous

as nad says you can get d-lock pins but my mate had some on his pulsar,nice and strong but persanally i dont fancy something on my nice carbon bonnet that looks like it should be on my front door :D :D
each to their own i guess..... :p :p

G

GTI-R Kid

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of this!

Hmmm - unpainted carbon bonnet on an Ivory GTI-R. Is it a bit Fast & Furious or stand out in a good way?!

G

gtirron

i will have one if they are on the go, as standard please with catch, in no real hurry as will not be home for few months, but will take as and when ready :D