Carbon bonnets

JU5TY

I bought the same carbon fibre bonnet as DavidGTiR after contacting him for the company details. As far as I know David hadn’t received the bonnet at that point? If you have now received it what do you think?

I received the carbon bonnet and it was a joke! 99% of it was Fibre glass, all that had been done was a sheet of Kevlar (not even carbon) had been bonded to the underside of the bonnet to try and make it look like the whole thing was made of carbon.
The quality was terrible! The corners were falling apart where it had been packaged so badly. And it was just a mess in general!

The bonnet was made somewhere else and then sold through the company I dealt with. I’m not going to mention there name, but will say I haven’t heard of them before.
The Guy was actually very helpful! He arranged for the bonnet to be picked up, and refunded my money without any complaints. It’s defiantly the bonnet makers who are to blame.

I have pictures if anyone’s interested…

So im still on the hunt for a standard shape DECENT carbon fibre bonnet.

Justin

A

Anonymous

[:(]sorry to hear about the bonnet.
i to want the standard shape bonnet .
everyone is going for the turini but i think the original is an important shape to the car.
send me a pic of your bonnet as would like to see just how bad it was.
good luck with the search.....[:D][:D]

JU5TY

Ok here are the pictures for you all... [;)]

As you can see they in no way resemble Carbon Fibre. It is a Fibre glass bonnet! And the quality is terrible!
See the under side of the bonnet which has a Kevlar sheet bonded on to make the bonnet look like its carbon fibre!

Justin

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
these are meant to be top quality...

quote:http://www.racepro.co.nz

The glass fibre bonnet is NZ$950.00 including the scoop and side vents.
The carbon bonnet is NZ$1595.00.

We can ship any where in the world.

Racepro
New Zealand

JU5TY

I emailed RacePro and got this reply... [:(]

We do make these bonnets, but at this stage we are full with orders for this coming race season, We hope to get this and some other products back in production in the next month or so.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Philip Brown
Racepro
NZ

Justin

A

Anonymous

JU5TY said:
Ok here are the pictures for you all... [;)]

As you can see they in no way resemble Carbon Fibre. It is a Fibre glass bonnet! And the quality is terrible!
See the under side of the bonnet which has a Kevlar sheet bonded on to make the bonnet look like its carbon fibre!

Justin

Where was that bonnet from??? RacePro?