Carbon Bits

Marvymarv

Hello again

The various carbon fibre bits available online, bonnets, boot lids, door cards etc, how to these things fit, are they usually perfect fitting or do they fit off with weird gaps etc?

Also, does anyone know on average how much lighter the bonnets and boot lids are ?

Thankyou

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
You can try...

They offer some carbon bits for the GTiR. Not heard amazing feedback on them...

If you want specific carbon bits I would do some googling on bespoke carbon companies that might be able to help you with certain stuff.

Due to the lack of cars/owners and general interest many places don't make any parts for GTiR's anymore.

Its all custom made nowadays!

Marvymarv

You can try...

They offer some carbon bits for the GTiR. Not heard amazing feedback on them...

If you want specific carbon bits I would do some googling on bespoke carbon companies that might be able to help you with certain stuff.

Due to the lack of cars/owners and general interest many places don't make any parts for GTiR's anymore.

Its all custom made nowadays!
Thankyou for the reply Andy

From what I’ve been reading Australia seems to be the place for custom gtir bits, carbon dashes with digital displays and all sorts.

Not sure if you’ve seen the 1200 horsepower one on YouTube, that’s got loads of custom carbon.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
To quote myself from 13 years ago

"Standard bonnet is about 16.5kg, Turini c/f is 8.5kg, CFX c/f is 6.5kg Phils flat bonnet is 4.5kg (built for lightness not strength)

Standard hatch is 9kg (metal only) fibreglass was about 5kg I think.

(all weighed on my bathroom scales)"

Where have you seen all this stuff for sale?

Marvymarv

To quote myself from 13 years ago

"Standard bonnet is about 16.5kg, Turini c/f is 8.5kg, CFX c/f is 6.5kg Phils flat bonnet is 4.5kg (built for lightness not strength)

Standard hatch is 9kg (metal only) fibreglass was about 5kg I think.

(all weighed on my bathroom scales)"

Where have you seen all this stuff for sale?
Hello there, mostly just from general google searches I found the knight racer stuff etc, but there’s a company called power tune in Australia they have moulds for various carbon bits, the whole dash even ha

Cathode

From my experience, i'd say the chances are they won't fit that well. And consider that our cars may have had accidents that we don't know about, lines between panels may not be spot on. Then, fitting after market panels of medium quality highlight the already off lines of the car. Carbon isn't cheap as you know, so you'd have to sell a kidney to pay for the very best if you want it to fit right without having to change anything providing your car is straight, which i'm going to say after 30 years odd, probably isn't. I hope I'm wrong. it's just about managing your expectations and what you're willing to live with.

Last edited:

Marvymarv

Hellooooo, got this reply from powertune regarding the carbon dash I mentioned, thought I’d put it up as a reference for the team

Yes they are not gtir specific.
Small trimming needed to fit.
Easy job tho.

Cost is 2500.00 aud + shiping

that’s without the digital clocks to btw so…. Waiting on the price for the full thing, will return when I have said price

thanks

stugtir300

Save your money and buy a banger for when the pulsar is off the road.no doubt at some point you will break it.

Marvymarv

I’ve got an f type jag for daily dude

So, motech digital cluster and carbon dash $6000 Aud, tbf that’s not bad really, what is gonna hurt is vat and shipping on this one,

gonna get the evo box coupling adapter and a few other bits at the same time.