car not accelerating well in first gear

hmmm

just bought my first pulsar however i noticed that sometimes it doesnt accelerate smoothly in first gear. The rest of the gears are fine. any ideas and should i be worried . thanks again

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is this with low fuel? It'll pull harder in first, so although I've never suffered it, maybe fuel surge would be more likely in first :?:
Is it after you've been sat idling for a while, that will be heat soak.

hmmm

fuel tank is 3/4 full. I haent really kept an eye on when it happens but will do from now.

what is heat soak and fuel surge?.

thanks

hmmm

when i say it dont accelerate smoothly... u can see the revs dont go up smoothly either

J

Jon T

Mine hesitates / holds back in 1st and 2nd, I've purchased a big load of new fuelling and ignition items and when I've fitted them I'll let you know what I did if it works!

C

charlie

mine done it every time i filled up with bp ultimate. And every time i went back to optimax, it cleared

hmmm

i am using optimax.

could it be something to be with the spark plugs or a vacuum leak. Or that heat soak thing

A

AZ STE

Mine runs like a pig until its warmed up.Is it running poor when cold before the temperature gauge is up to temp :?:

kyepan

I would advise you do a fault code check on the ecu aswell, when my knock sensor was out, (fault code 4,3) it hesitated and did not pull away from juctions very well...

Look on the "how to" guides section for doing a fault check.. it takes five minutes.. and may show any sensors that are playing up. then start doing all the other stuff peeps have mentioned.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Did you do an ecu code check? What was the result?

If no codes come back.........
It might be worth having your ignition timing checked

Make sure your temp gauge is working (so the ecu doesn't think it's cold and over fuel you)

Also check all the hoses under the bonnet to make sure they are tight and there's no signs of any holes to allow leaks.

If you can't be certain when it was last serviced, it might be worth changing a few bits, leads, rotor arm, dizzy cap, fuel filter,oil, filter air filter, (the iridium plugs if you don't know thier milage)

kyepan

have you got any questions on it? if so we can answer them.. what don't you understand :? .. its ok i didn't understand either before someone showed me..

hmmm

when it says short out the pins.. what does that exactly mean

thanks guys all the help is appreciated

hmmm

i am feeling a bit worried doing this ecu thing

ok ones i short out the two wires and read the code. i have to short them out again and while they are flashing the code i short it again to reset it right?

my car pulls better when it is warmed up a bit or even when it is colder. When it is fully warmed up then it hesitates a bit in first gear only. (just another point , hope it helps)

hmmm

have checked for air leaks and pkugs. Still need but more advice on the ecu thingy pls

seems as if i am a bit slow :oops:

i have been keeping an eye on the car more recently and when the engine is cold it accelerates better. (the thing flys). But i feel i dont get this response when it warms up...seems very strange..any ideas?

thanks again

A

Anonymous

Want to meet us on Sat in Enfield so we can have a look?