car loose's performance when hot

joey colt

hi all just hoping some one has had the same problem. right here goes, my car is fine for the first 15mins of driving then once warm and after beeing driven for a little while, it really bogs down complete loss of power hits boost and goes no where. now im thinkin its a worn coil or possibly sticky injector. iv also noticed that when this problem starts happen driving at low rpm in a high gear the car has a slight judder or miss.
the car is standard apart from a front mount and exhaust. iv just serviced it. new rotor and cap, new plugs, new fuel/oil filter, oil. il add the problem started before this but its now really noticeable ie getting worse. the engine is a beauty no smoke/knocks/rattles just this issue needs sorting asap.
cheers for any help given.

joey colt

ok cheers mate i would never have guessed that, is it a common problem and that deffo it you reckon. if so do you have 1 in your everlasting supply of bits, an if so how much delivered?

P

pulsarboby

yep we do have some but before you buy one do a code check to see if 34 springs up
not always the case that it does but it wont do any harm to see.

when cars cold the ignition is advanced which overides the fault, soon as car reaches running temp then itll go into safe mode as the fuelling leans out then its gutless
seen it many a time and its nearlly always a knock sensor fault

joey colt

it does not always do it sometimes it will run fine for a while then it'l come back with vegance :cry:, just code read it and its comin up 55 so its not registering a fault. also my heat gauge has stopped working been like it for a while before the problem come about i think but i have another gauge to know what heat its at. how much for a knock sensor and sensor for the the coolant gauge inside the car please delivered to portsmouth?
you reckon its deffo the knock though yeah, because the car runs well its just wen under load after warming sometimes like i say its getting worse. cheers for the help much appeciated.

As boby said, it's most likely the det sensor. Mine had same symptoms as yours and once i changed sensor it was all fine.
The fact that sometimes it seems ok still doesn't rule out the sensor as it could be intermitent (like mine was).
Good luck changing the sensor though in situe...... you might be ok if you have small hands/skinny arms lol.

projectgtir

Had this exact problem with my car when it was on the road ,sometimes it was rapid next minuete it would bog down. code 55 also.
Also noticed it was only under load ,if you were to put the car in neutral and rev it would be fine.
I changed plugs, leads, dizzy,rotor arm,coolant sensor.ignition amp. checked voltages on tps and maf and they were both fine . I then had a overheating issue causing water in oil etc.. so I never solved it. But when i came to time up my car upon rebuild it was found the crank pulley was knackerd . And also there was a crack in the det sensor plastic surround so ive brought a new one.
I have yet to try it as its not on the road yet.Most likely a det sensor but maybe the crank pulley could be a possibility.

joey colt

right iv changed the knock sensor and still have the same problem infact its getting worse, im now leaning towards the throttle position sensor. also where is this power transistor. thanks for the help in advance

joey colt

i only ever run vpower wont even put in bp ultimate as i think its rubbish and have had problems with a highly tuned car on tesco 99 so only ever vpower in my cars now