car doesnt move

kev_200uk

ive recently changed the discs and pads all round on my R, finnished doing them last night, tried to move the R this morning and it doesnt move at all even with the car running, n yes the handbreak was off just incase i get a silly answer like that lol, any help is much appreciated
cheers

EVOBAD

wher did u buy the rear discs from iv just fitted new rear to freinds car & rear wheels not moving so i had all four wheels of the ground toke rear wheels of then wheels were moving as soon as i put wheels back on & tighten then they didnt move il looked at new discs ther were slighly diff to other ones ,so its sounds like the same problem i had ,check hub on discs are they same thickness

kev_200uk

the discs and pads anre black diamonds, ive checked the thickness of the discs n pads and the virtually the same as the old ones

EVOBAD

make sure u check the backs if u can get the car of the ground leave all wheels on then then start car up then put it into 1st gear see if wheels are moving if not loosen rear wheel nut a bit then start the car up again put it into first if rear wheels move then its def your rear discs are wrong

zenwahwong56

Hi mate

I had a similar problem when i changed mine a few months back, and found out that one of the hoses that go into the caliper were twisted abit, so make sure that they are correct!!

good luck

kev_200uk

taken the passenger side front wheel off and i can move it but when the wheel is on it doesnt move at all.

kev_200uk

right guys ive managed to sort it out, cause my old brakes were uprated, there was an extention on the caliper, took that off n its all good now, so if anyone wants some 2nd hand discs and pads with plenty of meat left on them, for the front and back im open to offers
cheers again guys for ure help

J

jpward

diesel weasel said:
cos it would've been pretty amusing and means i wouldn't be the only fukcwit to ever do it :lol:
Kodak moment :lol:

Grr i was just about to tell him to turn the handle on the jack :p