car dead help??????

alfyboy

Hi all need some help asap please.
Was out arsing about in the snow last night when the car just died.
Tried to restart it, nothing. No dash lights, no starter clicking nothing.
Headlights, interior lights, hazards all working fine. Alarm arming and disarming fine so im sure the battery and its conections are fine.
Checked every fuse i could find, ok.
Checked all earth points i could find, ok.
Was thinking it might be the ignition barrel or ignition base switch.
Has any one else had the same type of problem or any issuses with the ignition barrel?
The only other thing that was happening was the abs pump was going abit mad with the slippery conditions. Dont know if this will affect antthing though

thanks, Alfy

Last edited:

jjs

there are main fuses in the engine bay, on the passengers side did you check them , think they are 30 amp ?

alfyboy

had a look at the fusable links, they looked ok but by that time my hands were shaking like mad. Going back over shortly to get her recovered to my house. Hope she aint been burntout or keyed :cry:

Last edited:
R

riske

Mine did this. You dont have a clifford do you?

Its the immobiliser from the alarm that might have gone. Mine had exact same symptoms.

take off bottom dash
find the ignition wires, think one white/blue and one yellow/black
they should be cut and connected to all black (alarm wires)
Cut the black and reconnect the originals back up

This should fix it, it worked with me. If ya need some more help give me a pm. Should take no loner than 10mins...and its free!!!

alfyboy

thanks for the speedy replys guys, got it sorted.
Was 1 of the 30amp fuses on the passenger side of the engine bay. couldnt see it last night cause of the bad light and the fact i was freezing by this point lol.
When looking down at the fuse box its a 30amp next to the 25 amp. Swapped it with another 1 and it started, woohoo

Cant belive i mist them last night but hey, at least its nothing serious.
Thanks again guys

Last edited: