car cutting out

catchmeifyoucan01

can anybody help! got a problem it only accures sometimes!
when im in 3rd at about 6000rpm will the throttle flat out the car cuts for about 10 seconds like a boost cut! then after 10 seconds it comes back to life ! any ideas??

Davey

I used to have the same problem, iirc, it happened at about 95 in 4th, and 100 something in 5th. It would cut out for about 5 seconds, the revs would drop to idle, if you had the clutch in, although it would not stall. Never found out what was causing it though unfortunatley. I thought perhaps it was the det sensor doing its job, i.e, no fault code would come up.
A rolling road session would hopefully sort it.

nitrosgti-r

can anybody help! got a problem it only accures sometimes!
when im in 3rd at about 6000rpm will the throttle flat out the car cuts for about 10 seconds like a boost cut! then after 10 seconds it comes back to life ! any ideas??
Does it pop and bang out the exhaust? any smoke at all?

antgtir

Is it only when under load i.e. you cannot induce it if you rev to 6k at a stand still?

Have you checked all connections to ensure its not a vibration issue i.e. loss of contact?

Check the voltage across the MAF.

Check the fuel pump earth.

Ant.

catchmeifyoucan01

well it will only acure when im driving prety much flat to the floor! the car had never got past 120mph cos the same fink happends to it then it cuts out but does not stall just its like hitting a wall untill i let off! but it also happends anywhere from 95mph-120mph if im flat out it cuts for 10 seconds then its back to life! been told it could be the de-limiter cos it will not go past 120mph but i dont know ????

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
It’s either: the clocks or de-limiter

I think Ed changed his clocks and it sorted it out, on the other hand other people have replaced the de-limiter and that has sorted it out

I'd tell you but I've never got round to sorting out :roll: