can't select any gear

hks-r

i'm having a problem with my car- everything was fine after a clutch, fork and gearbox change

while reversing out of the drive i heard a noise and since then i have not been able to change gear or anything

currently the gearshifter does not move in any direction with and without engine on

the car is stuck in 1st gear and drives but will not change gear

i noticed that the clutch fork moves sideways if you touch it

hks-r

So that is different to the clutch fork?
if I look at the slave cylinder and top of the clutch fork, the fork seems very loose and moves side to side
thanks ed

red reading

I know what it is, the selector has jumped in the gearbox...easy fix if you know how, but will require time patients and the ability to take the end case off the gearbox in the car.

hks-r

Hi red reading
Please can you tell me how it is done?
The gearbox was rebuilt very recently

Car was in reverse, heard sound and it stalled. Started it and it's stuck i. 1st gear
The gear stick doesn't move at all

Last edited:

shroom

I know what it is, the selector has jumped in the gearbox...easy fix if you know how, but will require time patients and the ability to take the end case off the gearbox in the car.
I can remember that happening at the sprint day to your car. Was it because it had been rocking about on a trailer? Or just coincidence

red reading

Shroom yeah it was that, the shunting on the trailer had the car jump in to gear and then because of that you could not move the lever in to the gate to select any other gear as it was already in 2 nd ...hks r that is what has happened to yours....it has somehow jumped into gear and now the selector cannot be moved into the gate to get it back out..only way is to remove end case and detents and take it out of gear.