Canadian gtir owner needs belts asap

Zionsend

Hello all, I'm gonna make this short and sweet, belts, hard to find in the UK, IMPOSSIBLE IN CANADA. If any of you beauts have a link handy, or maybe a suggestion, or even have 3 belts you want to sell, please, message me, or post a link.

All three belts would be preferred. Am willing to send money for belts if you have them. We'll work something out. ;)

Zionsend

Oh wow, sorry, the drive belts. Alternator, power steering. Three belts total? Havent had a close look as it wasnt something i expected to replace. Although it was bound to happen.

And its a 1992 if the year makes a massive difference.

grim_d

Very easy to find in UK, have a hard time believing they are impossible to find in Canada, measure your old belts and go to a motor factors. I cant remember the sizes off hand.

There are 2 belts.

Zionsend

I found the belts needed, turns out my power steering pump was/is seizing, hence the shredded belts. Ate a new one in a day. Found these codes on Canada gtir, and threw them into amazon/google. Have three on the way. Still gotta fix the power steering pump though. XD

Belt with A/C 6PK-1035 AY140-40830
Belt without A/C 4PK -0830 AY140-40920
Belt for power steering / water pump 0920 4PK- 22162-53J00

Last edited:

Zionsend

I actually want to say the description in the previous post i made actually was a wrong statement. Because it was the crank pully that broke around the harmonic dampener. the rubber housing holding the two different belt guides on the pulley. Thats why the belts were shredding.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
So you need a new crank pulley too. - Don't be tempted to fit a billet one unless it's got the harmonic dampener in it.

warpspeed

And a steel sleeve..the alloy expands wearing the crank seal away meaning you'll get a nice oil leak when it's cold...