Can you change transfer box oil?

A

andypulsargti-r

I am gettin a lot of vibration through my clutch pedal when chnging up and down gears but not all the time! i would like to check my gearbox and transfer box oil. I am not very mechanically minded so can anyone tell me how to do this?

as i have bled and renewed the clutch fluid i can rule this out. any advice or coments welcome cheers guys :D

J

jpward

Sounds to me like your pressure plate! If it judders when you doin a hill start then its moer likely on its way out!

J

jpward

Boys seam to like the helix on here im still standard but i know its only a matter of time before my friction plate starts going so dont feel your on your own with this hehe!

S

Stoned

Just had my clutch changed along with the stablisher bushes and it's fixed everything

And I thought my gearbox was on the way out! :lol:

antgtir

My old clutch used to judder like hell, if you rev the engine and marry the clutch up to the flywheel you may be able to reduce or remove completely the judder. Or you could do what i did in the end and change the clutch lol. I changed mine for a Helix Organic, best thing ive done to the caR :D

The gearbox filler plug is on the front facing face of the gearbox about half way up with the empty plug on the bottom of the box casing.

The front diff oil plug you can see if you take the drivers front wheel off and look at the side of the transfer box casing, the empty plug is again on the bottom of the casing.

Rear transfer box, the filler plug is on the rear facing side of the box half way up and the empty plug is on the bottom of the box.

Hope this helps, if you would like the service manual for the R then PM me and i will copy you one for a small fee :wink: :D gives you all you need to know, engine running gear electrical diagrams etc etc.

Ant. :D