Can I get 1 Forged Piston on its own?

Fazz

Hi,

I'm after 1 forged piston on its own.

The reminaing 3 are in good nic and do not need replacing, is it possible to purchase seperately or has anyone 1 lying about??

I'm sure it is advisable to buy as a set but 3 are in perfect nic and the 1 that damaged is suspected as being cracked on fitting as such a clean break and didn't score block or other.

So has anyone 1 lying about or know where 1 can be bought on its own.

Not certian on size yet, but pretty sure 87mm. Wiseco's in at mo.

Long shot I know but said I'd check before ordering a set...

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Just buy a new set... it would be so much easier... its not like they are overly expensive...

Rishi

Fazz

SickBoy said:
;-) This is gonna be a long thread !!!!!;-)

Lee
No its not!!

I know safer to get a set but as I mentioned tuner says they are fine and 1 will do the job perfectly. set would be overkill!

I do know a set may be seen as safer, the current forged ones are in 18 months. As said break prob was in place on fitting.

So anyone got one lying about or know of anywhere to purchase seperately?
Research says know but as I said worth a try?

Fazz

RishiGTiR said:
Just buy a new set... it would be so much easier... its not like they are overly expensive...

Rishi
Cheers,

I will do and am about to, but trying this first just in case.

150/200 Vs 850/1000 is the price differrence so would leave some funds in place for better mods!

T

The Rat

Mr GTiR said:
Wiseco pistons are cheap enough if you know where to buy them from. About £250 ;-)
I wouldn't mind knowing that info either...please

Rishi

Yeah if you know where to go you can pick up JE for £250, CP for £280 etc... Thats for the set of pistons, rings, clips, pins etc...

Rishi

T

The Rat

RishiGTiR said:
Yeah if you know where to go you can pick up JE for £250, CP for £280 etc... Thats for the set of pistons, rings, clips, pins etc...

Rishi
Where too then Rishi.... the suspense is killing me mate!

Rishi

Thats just the cost that i get them for through contacts in the US...

If you need some parts then drop me a PM and i'll see what i can do...

Rishi