Can Anyone Change My Clutch?

Matt Evans

Hi all. I need a clutch and crank seal change on my 'R', and possibly a head gasket change too. I've sent a pm to Mike (ex-gtir) but have had no reply. I also sent a pm to him a few months ago, and he gave me a quote for the job, but stupidly I thought my clutch was o.k. again and decided not to have it done at that time. :oops:

Is there anyone else out there that could do it for me :?:

O

Odin

PM him :wink: do a member search to find his name then just send a pm or email.

you could contact mattygtir as well because he's proberly got ollys phone number :D :wink: .

rob

Currently doing mine at the moment, engine out so thought might as well strip that down grind the valves in sent gearbox off to be checked over have a few things done to that, oh and fit a new clutch :)

Might fit a FMIC as well.

Gaz
www.britishrallying.com

Mr GTiR

I know 2 people but they are based in the North West. One in Blackpool and the other in Manchester.

PM me for more details :wink:

mad max

can anyone change my clutch

well jiw i am not a rich man but i like a job done right i could have said go to mr clutch fcuked if I would go there

Matt Evans

Unfortunately I'm not exactly loaded, and Blackpool or Manchester is gonna be a hell of a trek for me as I live in South Wales. Olly did eventually reply to me and I'm waiting for another email from him.

:oops: Forgot to thank you all for replying. Thanks :!: :D

N

Ninj-r

I would have thought any good machanic (with infinite patience) would be able to do a clutch change. :?

But then I'm not a mechanic :wink:

Matt Evans

I could do it myself, as I've changed the clutch return lever on the same car about a year ago. But to be honest I can't be bothered and the last time I did it I had to do it in the carpark as I don't have my own garage :shock: :!:

Another reason is that, because I use the car everyday I need someone who could do the job fairly quickly. If I took it to a garage around here (which I wouldn't trust any of them with a Tonka toy!) I'd have the old 'Well, we can't do it today and its an all day job, so if you leave it here we'll get on with it whenever we blah blah blah!' And I really haven't got the time nor patience for that kind of malarky. You know what I mean :?:

S

Stoned

And I really haven't got the time nor patience for that kind of malarky. You know what I mean
Kids today, no patience at all :wink: :lol:

(But I know just what you mean lol)

daz

fact of the matter is though a clutch and head gasket change is an all day job counting on there being no complications or anything :lol:

Matt Evans

Oh I totally understand that, but a lot of garages will use that as an excuse to keep your car there fot a fortnight until they can fit it in just so they won't lose your custom.

ex-gtir

matt the main reason iwont do it is because of the head gasket there isno way i feel safe to change it without getting the head checked for flatness as they do warp
be happy to do clutch and seal (which one clutch end or pulley end ????
mike

Matt Evans

I don't know dude, I don't even know if it is the crank seal for sure, just going on what I've been told by a few people on the forum. I really do need to get it done by the end of next month at the latest though, so if we could work something out, that would be great!

warringtonjack

Hi Matt, not sure where you are in South Wales, but you could always try Niss-Tec in Swansea. Their number is in the Wales section of the Forum! :wink: