cadwell trackday 15.2.08

P

pulsarboby

heres a couple of photos of yesterdays trackday at cadwell.
was a great day, weather was dry but cold.
andys car performed immaculately and he was well chuffed with his new 6 pot brake setup, 'but im sure he will add to this later, with more photos too'
he got a 1.52.86 lap which is only 8 seconds shorter than my best lap on a bike when i was racing there, so i think he did very well indeed. and hopefully he got home without any problems.
was good to meet you again andy, and laura your girl too, think she had a good time, even if you did scare the crap out of her:lol:

as for me and my car that i bought with me lol, well it ran all day without breaking down (i would have been happy if it lasted till lunchtime:roll: )
on the first session out i got black flagged after 4 laps so i pulled into pits to see what i had done wrong and noticed there was smoke billowing from n/s rear caliper, it was glowing red, and front brakes were also smoking badly:lol: so i let car cool down and thought 'well at least i can do say 3 laps then keep coming in and let the standard brakes cool' but as the day went on the brakes got better although there performance was terrible:lol:
went out just before lunch and went to hit the brakes after a 120mph straight and there was next to nothing there:shock: thought it was then time to meet my maker but managed to drift car round the bend at silly speed lol
pulled back in pits and whipped the front calipers off and this was the result of standard pads on a trackday (as you can see, they dont quite cut the mustard lol)

the outer faces had completely discintigrated due to the heat involved!
anyway i had bought a spare set of greenstuff pads which came off a car i was breaking so i stuck them on there, and they did ok.
the car also has a bent o/s wishbone so everytime i went round corner the thing started squealing and wagging its tailend all over the place.

A guy came upto me at lunchtime when i was changing the pads over, and he said he was standing by the marshal hut on the hairpin in the wooded area and said that everytime i came round the bend that the marshall was shaking his head in disbelief just waiting till i lost it and ended up embedded in the wall:lol: think the guy was very impressed with these little cars8) and said what brilliant fun they were!

after all things considered with the crap brakes and handling etc, i still managed to pull off a 1.54.1 lap which i was truly amazed to have got:shock: so i reckon when my beast is run in and ready to race, i should comfortably be looking at mid 1.40 laps which will put me right up there with the big boys in the top 6 of the field in barc championship, but i will need to be consistent with times!

so overall we both had a fantastic day and i think the girls enjoyed themselves too!

left andy and girlfriend laura and my other half clare on the right

and heres a few spares i bought (just in case i needed them lol)

got the bug back now (2 years since i did a full trackday), and cant wait to get on track with a proper car (ie mine) if im lucky and the car performs well then i maybe able to come in as a late entry and still race it later this year, but in the meantime il be doing as many trackdays as i possibly can to shake off the rustiness and get my track sense back:-D

im sure andy will add more photos etc a little later on.

Last edited by a moderator:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Some of my images of the day, not that many as I spent most of it on the track testing the 6pot k-sports, but here are a few pic's and bob's post pretty much sums up the day

How the hell did I pass that...... :shock: :roll:

Some battle damage from the day: :doh:

P

pulsarboby

hi mark
yes shell is still all intact and dink free, but theres also another person thats after it and tbh i think you both enquired around the same time, so its left me in an awquard situation :?:doh: i also have a grey shell in vgc which is in workshop at the mo!