Bucket seat runners

whytie

Has anyone used the standard runners and attached them to bucket seats. Do they sit far to high in the car?

John

Yes, I have done this with evo8 recaros.

You do sit higher than standard seats, however not really an issue for me as im not very tall, however someone tall may be struggling with knees hitting the steering wheel.

RO_SUNNY

That will be me.....I have these problems with hitting the steering wheel with my standard seats....so better be carefull

williams

i just cut the mounting lugs off the original rails and welded them onto some flat bar, then bolted the seat side mounts to that.

olliecast

i used the original mounts, grounded off the original runners then welded on about 4mm thick plate.

don`t skimp on the mounts. If they go, there may be a chance you will :(

whytie

I was going to buy them, but im running out of cash trying to get car ready for the big meet and i have loads still to do. If i make them myself ill be sure they will be going no where.

williams

easy enough to make, when you have cut the mounting lugs off bolt them in place, then put your flat bar on and just tack weld them in place. then remove them from the car to get a proper weld on them.