brakes?

C

chris_gtir

hi all, i am after a brake upgrade, possibly all round. i know i have at least x2 sticky calipers plus the discs and pads are pretty shot front and rear.
anyone got any ideas on wht to go for? the car is pretty much standard on power wise. it has 16'' wheels. i am only using her for road and odd ball track days.
thank you for any info cheers chris

Garef

There are plenty options on the market, Hi-spec, wilwood, it's all down to personal preference and how much you've got to spend. I'm running Hi-spec 4 pots and I think there fantastic.

davey red.r

ive got hispec four pots on my red one, and im not that impressed with them tbh,the white r ive bought has standard callipers all round with slightly larger diamond black discs,
and they work more effectivly,than the hispec setup,:?

davey;-)

Trondelond

BG developments do a 295mm 4pot AP racing kit.

And there's the k-sport offer on here as well, if that is still on.

Trondelond

John said:
I couldnt see any details on there site about the kit, got a link?
No, I contacted AP racing since they do a kit that is intended for rally (no corrosion- or dustprotection), and they directed me to BG Developments. I don't think they advertise it, but they do make a kit.

It's a 295x25mm disc, with a four pot caliper and Ferrodo DS2500 pads, all designed to fit under a 15" aftermarket wheel.

Link to the caliper.

They also do a hose kit for the whole getup, at £40.
I was quoted £1265.04 plus VAT and shipping for the brake kit a few months ago. Get a group buy on! :D

Hope that helps. :)

John

Trondelond said:
No, I contacted AP racing since they do a kit that is intended for rally (no corrosion- or dustprotection), and they directed me to BG Developments. I don't think they advertise it, but they do make a kit.

It's a 295x25mm disc, with a four pot caliper and Ferrodo DS2500 pads, all designed to fit under a 15" aftermarket wheel.

Link to the caliper.

They also do a hose kit for the whole getup, at £40.
I was quoted £1265.04 plus VAT and shipping for the brake kit a few months ago. Get a group buy on! :D

Hope that helps. :)
Thats expensive compared to what the Godspeed (not recommend from what I've heard) site is quoting for a full kit, especially considering its not even designed for road use!

M

Mr Overboooost

the godspeed brembo 4 pot kit is one of the best kits i have ever used.

Trondelond

John said:
Thats expensive compared to what the Godspeed (not recommend from what I've heard) site is quoting for a full kit, especially considering its not even designed for road use!
I may have been unclear. The rally kit is a completely different one, I provided the details for the _road use_ kit from BG developments here.

I've looked at godspeed, and it seems that the actual kits are pretty good, it's actually _getting_ one of them that is the problem. Or a reply from them for that matter.

C

chris_gtir

thank you for the replys people, tbh my budget is abt £400. and seemins as the car is going to running any crazy power or be used hard everyday i think i might go for a upgrade disc and pad combo with sum new standard calipers.
thank you again for ur advice

Garef

Search the for sale section mate, or contact vss irvine or bob about calipers, they break a lot and might have some uprated calipers lying about.