Brakes not working right

stumo

Can anyone verify this ?
the proportioning valces are different but i would have thought the brakes would still be powerful enough.

I'm not sure but i woiuld have thought that the abs version would send more to the rear wheels....

P

pulsarboby

if you have completely removed the abs system then you will need the single proportioning valve.
if you had not of removed the system and just pulled the fuse then this will make no difference to proportion valve and you would have just disabled the abs pump.

think if i were you i would swap the servo unit and master cylinder and fit a non abs proportion valve all at the same time then that way youve covered all possibilities.
can be done in situ by either removing plenum or dropping the front engine mount and stabilizer link mounts and lowering engine

Trip

hmm. i have completely removed the ABS system and re routed the 2 copper pipe from the master to the proportion valve. I used the same proportion valve.

I will put up a pic of the other master cylinder and proportion valve I have so someone with the knowledge can verify if they are from a non ABS car. Actually this car (which has no ABS system) had its brakes working fine before it was condemned as a victim of cannibalism.

Trip

here are the pics of the other car's setup

Master cylinder

Proportion valve

Engine Bay

Are these the non ABS brake parts ?

Trip

Replaced the proportion valve and master cylinder with a non ABS car. Brakes feel better from before but still not managing to look the wheels at slow speeds.

I will replace pads next and try re bleeding the system :(

red reading

the proportioning valces are different but i would have thought the brakes would still be powerful enough.

I'm not sure but i woiuld have thought that the abs version would send more to the rear wheels....
i think it does send more to the rear stu.

stumo

here are the pics of the other car's setup

Master cylinder

Proportion valve

Engine Bay

Are these the non ABS brake parts ?
the proportioning valve is non-abs.

Post some in-focus pics of the master cyl or let us know what numbners are on it!

stevie leese

got the same problem mate, reconed all the calipers,new pads all round,changed the fluid,brand new master cylinder fitted and still no different. the only thing i have left to do is fit a new servo i have got then totaly at me witts end. will let you know when ive fitted it and if it cures the problem.

gtirx2

Is there a 1-way check valve in your vacuum hose going to the servo?Or is the valve working?
Not sure if this would cause it tbh its just a thought?

Trip

got the same problem mate, reconed all the calipers,new pads all round,changed the fluid,brand new master cylinder fitted and still no different. the only thing i have left to do is fit a new servo i have got then totaly at me witts end. will let you know when ive fitted it and if it cures the problem.
Did you try and pump the pedal with engine OFF, and while holding the pedal down start the engine. The pedal should sink in around half way.