C

caz

ok probs covered before but I got bored after first 2 pages of search

Anyone recommend decent stoppers that they know fit behind R 14's

Regards

Andy :)

J

Jamie_GTIR

same size as standard grooved and dimpled EBC discs and greenstuff pads?

A

Anonymous

:D Hey Andy,

I went the slotted DBA rotors on the front (insert UK equiv.) and bought new original Nissan rear rotors and had those machined with slots (also insert UK equiv.)

The most important part was IMHO, I had my original calipers completely rebuilt to race specs. New pistons, machined and honed the bore, full seal kit etc, lines completely flushed and cleaned using appropriate chemicals...

Use some high quality pads (I used RB74's on the front and softer Comp.2's on the rear to avoid locking and squirming under heavy braking), and high quality brake fluid (I used AP600).

For pictures see: http://gtiroz.onthenet.com.au/gallery/Brakes

This wasn't the cheapest option buy any means, but having used the car on the track (with no brake fade after 70 laps) and as a daily driver I couldn't fault them what-so-ever.

Hope this helps,
Cheers Warren

C

caz

OK .so it seems pretty easy to get discs and pads. But does no-one do a full kit that would fit behing 14's

C

caz

Yeah mate. You wouldn't believe the amount I've been messed around. So F**k IT. Gonna get about £500 togethor, get brakes, fuel pump, fit 14's and set it up. MOT and tax it in March for the summer. Then I want an uprated clutch and Apexi boost controller. If someone wants it after that the price has gone up. Its too good to let go.

Can U still get those pumps and how much will I get a front bumper for??

Andy

C

caz

Nobody at all in the UK tried uprated brake kit behind 14's?!

Looks like just standard size uprated discs then!

Whats the standard size front R discs?

Si..

speak to steve bud,

he's been doing some dealing with a bloke on brakes for his, which might be what ya after. :wink: :D

C

caz

I will, cheers matey. SRB have qouted me £130 for some 10 groove Brembo's, and 118 for me pump.

Looks like they both might be hitting the blackstuff at the same time :D

C

caz

So U can embarras me with 450horses. Yeah right.

When you planning to get it fully finished. I could do mine now, but I'm gonna be patient and wait til the end of March, but get all the work done prior. Then its just TAX, MOT, and swap the insurances over.

WOOOHoooo

Si..

just the FC which is all sorted for Jan (i hope) and sort a few pennies for the quaife, and that's that, steve wants me to do the running in, in a oner, scotch corner and back six times. :shock: :shock: :?

C

caz

Sounds interesting. It's gonna be good to drive it again. Mines been off the road 3 month, but with the odd sly blast. God nows how u must feel :shock:

Si..

sick as a cnut mate,

i think i've waited long enough now, i'll be looking to put her back on the road about the same time as you, any longer and i think i'd loose interest. :(

C

caz

I know what you mean, mine went for a bit. I washed it the other day, spent all day on it, waiting for yet another muppet to not bother ringing back.. I took some pics. Then after I got messed around, I thought, heh, this is MY CAR, I worked for it, Balls, I'm keeping it. I love it